Is trading easy?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by nooby_mcnoob, Jul 5, 2022.

Is trading easy?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Fuck off cunt.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Of course trading is easy. Click buy, click sell.

Being the best trader that ever lived is also easy. Just join an anonymous internet forum and tell everyone about how your annualized sharpe ratio is over 120.

#31     Jul 6, 2022
  2. Still mad eh

#32     Jul 6, 2022
  3. [​IMG]

#33     Jul 6, 2022

4. Depends what your goal is. How much ROC are you making per year? And what's your biggest open drawdown during that period?

You could just buy&hold SP500 index and get the "earnings" long term. If you're not leveraged, it doesn't matter where the market goes.

If you plan to beat the SP500 then it's a different story. That's hard and getting harder in time. l Eventually, your strategy is modelled and you'll be matched with a counterparty willing to trade the other side of you. Unless you're algo trading and know a thing or two about options. Then there's hope.

#34     Jul 6, 2022
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  5. speedo

speedo

Learning to trade is difficult, learning to behave as a trader is also difficult (for some even more so). Once that work has been done, trading becomes increasingly easier as experience and cognitive skills build.

Trading is still a demanding profession and requires the efforts of any such profession. Each morning before the day open, I review multiple time frames down to my trading TF. I review each days chart or certainly by the weekend, every signal taken or not and log long or short, time of entry, type of trade, MFE, MAE, Initial Risk and result of trade both in W/L and result size.

I also review study material and journal posts as I have done for years as well as re-read or watch video of such as Mark Douglas. All these things work to keep you sharp and focused. Anyone who wants to succeed as a trader has to do the work and keep working regardless of experience.

If this were all easy, we couldn't get anyone to fix the roof or do root canals or mow lawns :D

#35     Jul 6, 2022
    comagnum, KCalhoun, Leob and 2 others like this.
  6. The discipline is truly the hard part. Consistently doing the same thing, day in day out. That's why I think it's a blue collar job...

#36     Jul 6, 2022
    speedo likes this.
  7. speedo

speedo

It requires a blue collar dedication and persistence for sure.

#37     Jul 6, 2022
    comagnum and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  8. Leob

Leob

It's not easy to become a trader.
    It's easy to trade.

#38     Jul 6, 2022
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  9. Sprout

Sprout

It's a never-ending cycle on what's focused upon;

Unconscious Incompetence -> easy
    Conscious Incompetence -> hard
    Conscious Competence -> easy
    Unconscious Competence -> hard

Always in inquiry keeps the cycle repeating and growth alive.

#39     Jul 6, 2022
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  10. I love this classification.

#40     Jul 6, 2022