Is trading easy?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by nooby_mcnoob, Jul 5, 2022.

Is trading easy?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Fuck off cunt.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. its the losing

the winning isn't that hard

#11     Jul 5, 2022
  2. schizo

schizo

As pointless as this might sound, you gotta have an edge. Once you find the edge, it should be fairly easy from then on. Even if you lose money, you'll know why and wouldn't feel so frustrated as before.

#12     Jul 5, 2022
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  3. jys78

jys78

Trading is very easy. Cheaper and more accessible than ever! Anyone can trade from anywhere with a few bucks and a phone. Think back just a few decades to making a phone call to deliver a verbal order that could cost you $50 or more.

So yeah, I would say trading is pretty damn easy!

Making a profit doing so? That's a lot harder!

#13     Jul 5, 2022
    rb7, orbit23, comagnum and 3 others like this.
  4. You make a good point. My next step is to trade the daily time frame with precision.

#14     Jul 5, 2022
    NoahA likes this.
  5. Ah you got me... I asked the wrong question obviously!

#15     Jul 5, 2022
    murray t turtle and Nobert like this.
  6. By the way, since you're still struggling, I'll suggest that you take a break and come back. The market will still be here!

#16     Jul 5, 2022
  7. That's the HOly grail of trading. That's where the big bucks happen. Imagine being able to trade the daily S&P...,
    If someone can trade the S&P, every day, combined with leverage....that is true eliteness. Not to mention the Money,

Go from playing with sparklers....to being the boat on the bay shooting the real fireworks into the air.

Investing is boring. Swing trading is boring. All, way, too slow.
    To make real money at trading....you need to expand those revolutions,

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    #17     Jul 5, 2022
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  8. I recently encoded my "strategy" into a pine script and it was profitable. Not as profitable as me trading myself, since it took entries I wouldn't, but it had positive expectancy.

I think pinescript is a good initial test, if you can encode your approach in code.

#18     Jul 5, 2022
  9. NoahA

NoahA

My issues are mostly psychological. My trade stats have been very positive if I stuck to a strict stop and target. But of course, I think I know better in the moment and then fudge them. Its obvious my losses are bigger than my gains, but this isn't how much OCO orders are set up. LOL...

The other thing that has really helped is putting on a trade that is an inconsequential amount of money. Even trading micro contracts can sometimes hurt to be honest. A 5 point ES stop is $25, and get a few of those, next thing you know, you are down $100. If your account is only 5k lets say, this is 2% already. So losing 2% in one day isn't good if you don't have subsequent 2% gains.

By by trading the 3X ETF's, I have found that I can easily scale down the leverage. Trading just 25 shares of TQQQ for the NQ or UPRO for the ES proxy means that a trade can be scaled in, held longer, etc. And the fees are only about 30 cents for each order. I wish I did it sooner because trading the micro futures can still draw down an account pretty quickly with lots of losing trades.

#19     Jul 5, 2022
  10. It's easy for me but I'm a genius you might have a different outcome

#20     Jul 5, 2022
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.