Is trading E-minis a zero sum game or not?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by bankroll, Nov 9, 2012.

1. seadog

seadog

What difference does it make?

2. What don't you understand about it?

3. Slightly negative-sum, because you have to pay commissions.

4. we have had this argument at least half a dozen times over the years. there are long threads on it. use search. as the guy above said. its negitive sum.

5. seadog

seadog

Does this effect your trading. Or is it just a general interest?

6. Certainly does not affect my trading just a general interest.

Yes, I know there has been threads about this before but either about stocks or futures. And the E-mini is a little bit of both. :)

7. hell no, none of this effects our trading, it's just something to bullshit about while we are waiting for something to happen. And if we are actually talking about trading we are probably lying. You never know when you are are bullshitting with someone when they willl make a mistake and actually give you some information.

8. zero sum games are fantastic when there are thousands and thousands of players because you only need to be better than half of them on any given day.

AND

to make things even better, a lot of the players (institutions that trade OPM) dont even have any incentive to be all that good because they are paid a salary to play.

9. seadog

seadog

oldtime. Like your attitude.Read some of your other posts. pm me , might have an idea.

#10     Nov 9, 2012