Is Trading As Easy As This?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tradingjournals, Aug 25, 2010.

1. nLepwa

nLepwa

This is the edge. Right there.

Ninna

#11     Aug 26, 2010
  2. Have you ever tried driving forward using *only* your car's rear view mirror?
    --------------------------

Yours is an almost perfect analogy except for the detail that if you drove the same road every day, eventually you could make it work because of the landmarks.

#12     Aug 26, 2010

3. Correct!!!!! And well worth cultivating. But to get a HERD member to do it? No they can only do it when they have an army!!!! :)

Works great in sales closing and lead generation in person and picking up women too.

In my younger days when I used to make leads in person for home improvement products (for myself to close later), every now and then I'd spot a group of say 4-10 women chatting on the lawn etc., - I knew they'd take every oppportunity to put the screws on me ridicule-wise if I approached, but I'd do it anyway. After withstanding the initial barrage of pranks, they'd be like pussies, just wanting to mother me and take care of me - leads galore and easy closes too - and what's more, referrals to keep me busy for weeks. The money would just pour in and get this, they'd invite me to all their parties too so I could meet even more prospects for business.

Lesson: confront what is abs. difficult to confront. Just go for it. The floodgates of flows open up and drown you in wherewithal.

(Note: these were generally all married women so I wouldn't cross the line under any circumstances - just my rule, always was, always will be)

#13     Aug 26, 2010
  4. lindq

lindq

What if it's foggy?
    What if it's raining?
    What if it's snowing?
    What if the road is icey?
    What if there's construction?
    What if there's a new pothole?
    What if you blow a tire?
    What if its rush hour and you're stuck in traffic?
    What if your wife or kids are screaming in your ear?
    What if you haven't slept well the night before?
    What if you run out of fuel?
    What if you're speeding and lose control?
    What if someone crosses the line and slams into you?
    What if you have mechanical failure?
    What if an animal crosses the road and you swerve out of control?
    What if your windshield fogs up and you end up in a ditch?
    What if you get pulled over by a cop?
    What if a tree falls across the road?

Well, welcome to trading. The road is NEVER the same way every day.

#14     Aug 26, 2010
  5. Trading/investing is like driving in a blizzard with 0 visibility, generally.

#15     Aug 26, 2010
  6. jnbadger

jnbadger

Pretty damned good lesson if you ask me. I wonder how many self help books this lone statement could replace.

#16     Aug 26, 2010
  7. heypa

heypa

Herds are a learned defense mechanism . Without such cooperation between individuals I doubt if many such species would have survived.
    Don't malign successful methods.
    Predators take the careless, weak, and those that are bold beyond their ability.

#17     Aug 26, 2010
  8. exaltedangel09

exaltedangel09 Guest

Post Count 789
    Date of Registry: May 2010

Anyone with that kind of post-ratio, to me, is headed in the wrong direction. Sorry bud,.

#18     Aug 26, 2010
  9. You just made my point for me. There is no analogy.

#19     Aug 26, 2010
  10. Some people seem to have mis-interpreted me. How many of you guys had a chance to nail the 3:08PM bottom today?

This is against the trend. :)

See this thread: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=205682

#20     Aug 26, 2010