Is trading an addiction?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by hypostomus, Oct 12, 2003.

1. ... less IS more. And so much less stressful. My goal in trading is to be bored stiff. I now read while trading, just watchin the screen with peripheral vision. If price goes apeshit the motion will catch my eye. I don't use indicators or oscillators. The E-Signal code simply overlays on price the target entries and target exits.

Do you have any other simplifications you have evolved besides eliminating volume?

#21     Oct 13, 2003
  2. ...I like that 3 part strategy, also trivially easy to backtest. I'll go chunk it. I have lost track of you since you and and your friends stopped posting on the SI e-mini thread, and was unaware that you had a website. Would you post the URL please, if it doesn't violate some ET rule? Thanks. - Mike

#22     Oct 13, 2003
  3. ...I am rapidly achieving senile dementia. I thought I posted a question to you asking how you trading style was dictated by trading mornings only, but I don't see it here. Maybe that was on another thread. Anyway, is there a story there? Thanks. - Mike

#23     Oct 13, 2003
  4. Mike, and I thought I already replied, but at this point am not clear on your question :D

If this is a question regarding my methods or strategy, reply to my Journal and I will try to answer there. As far as why I trade mornings only; it's because I work full-time and can only trade the first 1-1.5 hrs and then 20-30 min. in the afternoon.

Regards,

-Fast

#24     Oct 13, 2003
  5. ...thanks a lot.Will go there.

#25     Oct 13, 2003