Is Trading Addictive?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Joe Ross, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Is addiction such a bad thing? If you really enjoy something, and make your livelihood out of it, or even for the guys who have lost a million but have a dream and come back and try again, even more determined, isn't that what life is all about? Pursuing your dream, doing something you enjoy, and persevering, and ultimately succeeding despite all the naysayers around you.

You can say you are addicted to your wife or girlfriend. You can say you are addicted to a good lifestyle. Addicted to chocolate or on the other hand health food. There are people that I know that are addicted to facebook.

So, in conclusion, I guess what I am saying, is of course trading can be addictive. But so can anything else that one enjoys. So what?

#21     Nov 7, 2010
  2. Don't waste your time.

If you're losing it's an addiction, if you're winning you're a pro.

Is Tiger Woods addicted? Talking about golf not poontang.

#22     Nov 7, 2010
  3. spindr0

spindr0

Addiction's primary definition involves compulsive physiological dependence. Eg, substance abuse. Will you rob a store to support your habit? Or are you obsessively doing something that you prefer to do at the neglect of other things? There's a big difference.

#23     Nov 7, 2010
  4. spindr0

spindr0

On his death bed, Tiger Woods' father gave him the following advice:

Concentrate on golf and screw everything else!

#24     Nov 7, 2010