Is Trading a Mass/Crowd Psychology?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by kingfisher3210, Dec 12, 2010.

1. we're several decades past 'Mass/Crowd Psychology'
    particularly in terms of individual traders whose total capital is a mere diappearing
    drop into the oceans of monies that are traded today

'trading' is a business
    what's being bought and sold is profit
    there's many ways to do that and each way has its own set of rules, rules that are
    far more substansive than any to do with psychology

my way is charting/fibonacci ratio/wave analysis
    the thousands of other ways are individual trading systems, algos, Expert Advisors,
    strategies, instrument mixes, products dependant on individual instruments that
    effect their price and unrelated to trading the instrument and so on, each comprising
    of sets of rules having nothing to do with psychology or the 'mass/crowd'

in the 'business', the mass, the crowd is a meaningless other

#21     Dec 12, 2010
  2. jinxu

jinxu

Didn't I see you around giving out your advice on trading last night. If you're still struggling then why were you giving advice?

This is like a virgin giving out advice on women. wtf!? This forum is fill with the blind leading the more blind. omg!

#22     Dec 12, 2010
  3. Redneck

Redneck

Not even close

Imo the DOM is nothing more than advertising - and there is no truth in advertising

RN

#23     Dec 12, 2010
  4. My brother..do you want to say before giving advice, one should show his P&L statement?

Everyone is entitled to give advice..it is upto the original poster whose advice he/she finds good.

I am not a noob in trading.

#24     Dec 12, 2010
  5. I think both left smart and right instinct is needing for successful trade... Curtis faith, the original turtle trader says that.

#25     Dec 12, 2010
  6. dave4532

dave4532

I think that, to be successful in trading, one has to learn how to trade.

#26     Dec 12, 2010
  7. Locutus

Locutus

Thank you, I think you cured me.

However I still think one is more likely to profit going contrarian to little-guy sentiment, as they, as a group, do not win if only for the reason the rest, as a group, must be taking the other side of their trades and the other side has near infinite cash to move stuff their way.

Non-reportables (i.e. small peas) is still about 30% of the S&P 500 open interest. So I think it would not be accurate to say that they are a drop in the ocean.

#27     Dec 12, 2010
  8. You are beginning to be an observer which precedes being a beginner. It may be possible for you to change your direction. I hope so.

W. J. O'Neill tabulated the 18 common mistakes of traders in his book: How to Make Money in Stocks.

What is very tough about learning how markets work is their contrarian nature relative to the normal day to day living of life.

Read Harris to learn about markets and trading markets.

When you get to page 199, stop and take a look at where it may be possible to reside. See if any of the locations have anything to do with what you have posted.

I strive to be the least liked by the people I most desire to not interact with.

On page 199 you find me sitting in the technical, front-running, parasitic, speculator box. Fortunately, this is a place that is unbelievable and astonishing to people who are CW type PA traders.

None of your substantive comments are backed up by either of the two authors I mentioned. I agree with those authors.

Lastly, go to the webb home page of Behavioral Finance and read the first to parts: Introduction and BF or BS. Find out what BS is.

Behavior is what YOU do. The market can be proven to be noise and anomally free using non inductive proofs. You must work and not make learning mistakes.

Instruct yourself on how to assure you are learning correctly. At your age you have already become familiar with learning. trading is very intolerant of being mediocre; it will not due.

#28     Dec 12, 2010
  9. I find your post extremely intellectual. Thank you for your contribution.

#29     Dec 13, 2010
  10. YVW, my pleasure.

#30     Dec 13, 2010