Is Trading a Mass/Crowd Psychology?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by kingfisher3210, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Cheese

Cheese

No, not so unfortunately. You may be instead a victim either of mass psychology or simply of inexperience.

The market is understood by seeing only what price does each day - it goes up and done. And to harness the markets price gyrations, that is the swings up and down, you do so by devising or adopting a reliable methodology. Imaging day trading taking profits from the successive swings the market offers (eg CL).

What is most important is the 'how' rather than the 'why'. Map out your trading plan accordingly.
    :)

#11     Dec 12, 2010
  2. Redneck

Redneck

How’s the saying go

If you can’t see the dumb money – then you are it

Keep extrapolating out KF3210 – you’re headed in a good direction

Once you get a handle on the psychology – you can exploit it

RN

#12     Dec 12, 2010
  3. Redneck

Redneck

I’ll do you one better than that

Price is the only thing that never lies – in trading…, or in life…..

Or stated another way……

Trading is the only place I know of – where 100% reality exists – 100% of the time

Obviously each trader’s mileage may/ will vary

RN

#13     Dec 12, 2010
  4. So what does this mean? If the price prints a tick up...go long?

ES

#14     Dec 12, 2010
  5. Redneck

Redneck

Depending on the context in which that tick up occurs – yes…, or no

How long is a piece of string

RN

#15     Dec 12, 2010
  6. Thank you for motivation specially it is coming from a senior member like you.

The older the joining date of member, the better credibility i give to his/her comments because of his/her vast experience.

#16     Dec 12, 2010
  7. so the piece of string thingy...is like the DOM and the trades that are lined up right?

ES

#17     Dec 12, 2010
  8. A quote from Trading Crowd Psychology book:

"To success in the future, we have to take a page from the distant past, from the days of Richard D. Wyckoff and Jesse Livermore. We need to regain our chart reading skills, to get a feel for the market and to be able to listen the story market is telling us.

These skills are lodged in the right hemisphere of the brain. They enable us to put the pieces of the market puzzle together, to discern patterns, to really get a feel for a person, for people, and for the crowd."

:cool:

#18     Dec 12, 2010
  9. Head moderator can you change the date that I joined...to avoid embarrasment :D ☺

ElectricSavant

#19     Dec 12, 2010
  10. Can left-handers trade better or worse than right-handers?

ES

#20     Dec 12, 2010