Is tradestation suited for "hardcode" daytrading ?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Koros, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Koros

Koros

The last time I checked, tradestation 6 wasn't really suited for hardcore day trading, mostly because of windows linking and keyboard shortcut lacks...

Its been a while I haven't checked it.

Is the latest version 7 suited for "hardcore" daytrading ? Who is using it ?

Thanks,
    Koros

2. Koros,

TS is up to 8.0 now and it may be worth checking out. I'm not sure what you are looking for. It does have some linking and keyboard shortcuts and a macro language.

DS

3. ddog

ddog

dougcs

Do you know whether or not 8.0 has been released yet?

4. funky

funky

what do you consider 'hardcore' daytrading? works great for me, but then again i'm more 'softcore' lol

5. 8.0 is in rollout. It is still early in the process.

DS

6. ddog

ddog

Do you have it or know of anyone who does? It is supposed to have real time sync of strategies with trade manager and I am curious how that is working.

7. I hope they will roll out data for EUREX US in the near future as well !

:mad:

8. No I have not upgraded yet.

I tend to wait until they tell us the version I'm using will no longer work and I've gotten a couple of warnings from TS.

I've had some really traumatic experiences upgrading. The last upgrade took me about a day, including 90+ minutes on hold with TS tech support, an hour talking to tech support, after which they told me there was nothing else they could do, hours searching the 'Net to figure out what my problem was, and then about 10 minutes to do the upgrade.

I've not seen any reported problems with 8.0 at Tradestation World, but it is early in the process.

DS

9. ddog

ddog

Thanks Doug.

#10     Mar 24, 2004