Is TradeStation as "buggy" as QuoteTracker?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by version77, May 3, 2006.

1. I have to chime in a vote for QT as well.

Its seems that Quotetracker has become a victim of its own excellence. The numerous amount of fixes and changes on the site shows how meticulous they are about every little detail. many of those issues would have been brushed off as immaterial by other "bigger" charting companies.

I've been using it since 2004 and its beta versions have allways been more stable than production versions of many other products.

I haven't used Tradestation but I have expericence with esignal, laser, tws, realtick, instaquote, ensign, and several others and In terms of charting I would rate QT above all of them. My own personal opinion of course. Every trader has different methods and differnent needs so I am not saying QT is one size fit all, but I am strictly coming from a stability perspective.

Also in terms of Customer service, the only other in the same league is Hoi from Buttontrader.

If I were to advise Medved I would stop supporting ever broker and datafeed under the sun and just stick to the main players, it seems like it is not worth the hassle. Triple the price to compensate - $21 bucks a month - and devote energy to areas that will really send it over the top as a complete platform, such as market replay and better trade execution capabilities.

But hey what do i know :)

#41     May 5, 2006
  2. version,

You might want to have a look at Sierra Chart.

Solid little program at the right sort of price.

#42     May 5, 2006
  3. Just wanted to say kiwi, that I did use Sierra last fall for a few months
    and they are actually pretty good. I also was using Ensign for
    quite awhile also which was also pretty good.

Can't remember why I went back to QT. Probably because QT
    finally got their historical charts working...

#43     May 12, 2006