Is TradeStation as "buggy" as QuoteTracker?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by version77, May 3, 2006.

1. mmillar

mmillar

TS and QuoteTracker are completely different programs.

The QuoteTracker download is 8Mb, the latest TS download is 35Mb.

TS is very buggy.

#21     May 4, 2006
  2. Now this is NOT what I wanted to hear... So you have used both
    programs and you believe TS is more buggy than QT?

#22     May 4, 2006
  3. Aok

Aok

V77,

I use both everyday.

Completely different products.

TS far more powerful. Better charts. Extensive history of data. Easylanguage is not easy but simple enough to write complex scans. Updates are seldom and minor bugs encountered. Occasional quirk. Nothing major.

Overall, I have had zero problems with QT. I think what you're might be running into is auto update or auto notification with QT revisions.

Turn it off. Those are BETA. Look in the top right hand corner of QT homepage. It will tell you some features of the beta additions. If they are irrelevant to your needs, dont bother.

I am like you. Dont change unless its necessary. For example, when Jerry puts in Universal Crosshairs to the charts, that is a version I will update to. Otherwise? Same with TWS. I hate forced upgrades.

I would recommend either without hesitation.

This is software only. TS brokerage is average/slightly above. Good for stocks, little slow for futures, FX could not tell you.

#23     May 4, 2006
  4. QT is the best product in the market for what it does...

No matter what you are paying.....

And without question has the best support....

#24     May 4, 2006
  5. taodr

taodr

I have no problems with QT which I run as well as another charting software. If I could put indicators in QT would not need other software. It is much better than most people realize

#25     May 4, 2006
  6. bstay

bstay

QT is free, so you can use it with your preferred web-based broker.

TS is a trading platform/broker and you pay monthly software fee. I could replace QT but got used to trading side by side with TS.

I use both with no problems. The regular QT updates doesn't bother me.

#26     May 4, 2006
  7. johnk49

johnk49

For me QT is the best value for money item that you can buy!

I wish I could get the same support from IB,I emailed them on Monday about a problem and I still have not received a reply!

#27     May 4, 2006
  8. qt has almost every indicator in the planet :) if u right click on the chart, a window will open up and in the middle it will say 'select indicators'...

----

a lot of times bugs are actually hardware bugs or problems in the OS (windows).

however one thing that i'd like to see is a "save the layout" option or "save the layout every __ minutes automatically"... sometimes the computer will freeze and i'll lose my neat layout.

#28     May 4, 2006
  9. While QT may have bugs, it also has 1000 features, that are constantly added and refined.

Not really fair to blast the fact that bugs are quickly identified and fixed, though fewer bugs would be nice.

Not really possible with only a few programmers and a very complex program.

As for TS, the bugs there sit around for years, while users work around them.

#29     May 4, 2006
  10. jtmarlin

jtmarlin

version77 are u even paying the 7 bucks a month for QT?

#30     May 4, 2006