Is TradeStation as "buggy" as QuoteTracker?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by version77, May 3, 2006.

1. Maybe it would be very helpful if you point out some of the things that are wrong with the product, or any of the bugs instead of just posting opinions.

Give us facts, what is wrong with the product, and what are the bugs, that way jmedved can take it to the dev team and get it fixed.

I don't even use the product.... but just feel like your comments have just made you look like you are posting opinions.

I complain about eSignal, but I provide what I feel is wrong with it and try to give details.

You just said it has bugs. Again all software has bugs, other posters have said no problems, so tell your problems.

#11     May 4, 2006
  2. Go look at what is "fixed" in the last beta version. Or the last 20
    versions... There are alway multitude of "fixes"... arghh...:(

Do you even use QT?

#12     May 4, 2006
  3. Have you ever considered that the vast majority of support questions (both QT and other systems) are the result of the user not RTFM? Also, quite frequently, the issues that come up are NOT software bugs, but issues with datafeeds, exchanges, brokers. Support is needed regardless of how well the software is written

#13     May 4, 2006
  4. It is called bitching not because you asked the question, but because you were complaining about frequent updates and bugs, while you are using the beta version of the software, which by definition will have frequent updates and bugs.

#14     May 4, 2006
  5. #15     May 4, 2006
  6. The thing is, I hardly ever do update to a new version because when
    I do update and get one that works right, I keep it for as long as I
    can, like I do with TWS. But then I see a new feature I would like to
    use so I download the newest version. (After I see what happens
    to the "beta testers"). (Don't jump in untill I think I am in safe waters).

But then it takes 4-5 more updates untill I find one that works... :(

Problem is... QT is constantly adding new features. But you have to
    risk the horrors of "beta testing" if you want to check them out...

Question to TradeStation users:

How often does TS update, and when they do is it full of bugs?

#16     May 4, 2006
  7. I do post "bugs" on the QT support forum.

I am just asking the question:

Is TradeStation as buggy as QuoteTracker?

Simple question for TRADESTATION USERS TO ANSWER

Not Jerry, not Mazel. Not for anyone to answer unless you have
    used QT and TS... Simple huh?

#17     May 4, 2006
  8. Chagi

Chagi

As a user of QuoteTracker, I feel the need to speak up. You sure have something up your ass where their software is concerned, don't you?

I've used QuoteTracker for a number of months now, have found it to be an excellent piece of software with amazingly rapid tech support, and have encountered very little in the way of bugs. I'm an advanced enough user that I'm comfortable enough with using the beta versions of the product, and view the frequent updates as a good thing rather than bad. The few glitches that I have encountered have almost seemed like nitpicking on my part.

Another very important aspect of using QuoteTracker is cost - I pay very little money on a monthly basis for QuoteTracker + a data feed, a fraction of what a service like Esignal would run me. Even if the rest of my experience weren't so great (and it has been a very good experience thus far), that alone would be an extremely important consideration. First thing you do when running a business is control your costs, I don't see why trading should be any different.

#18     May 4, 2006
  9. romik

romik

Couldn't agree more, especially with RTFM comment from J. Maybe the route of your problems is your work station's software 'incompatibility'. I use QT on an oldish laptop for referencing and on my main uptodate workstation and guess what? It freezes on a laptop at least 3 times a week, on the main ws it is almost flawless. Also you have to consider costs involved, QT users benefit from almost 0 cost involved when using registered version, what is $7 a month? It sounds like it is frustrating for you at the moment, sit down, have a think about what can be causing the problems, e-mail support, perhaps you need to renew your PC and most certainly there are no guarantees concerning reliability of other soft providers, though the cost increase is factual.

#19     May 4, 2006
  10. Guess so. And now you are trying to crawl up my ass, pervert?

Try to answer my question, oh that's right... You like a cheap
    charting package, a cheap data feed so you feeeeel good about
    keeping your costs down. Well guess what, cheapie. Your competition
    is not concerned with costs, only function of their application.

AND THAT IS THE JIST OF THIS THREAD. IF YOU CAN'T ANSWER MY
    QUESTION ABOUT WHETHER TS IS AS BUGGY AS QT, THEN SHOVE OFF...

#20     May 4, 2006