Is Tradelog or Gainskeeper necessary?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by probability_man, Oct 14, 2008.

1. No, but at least you wouldn't be pimping for your product. EliteTrader is a private for-profit, not a charity. Sort of like you.

Would you like if people started selling bootlegged copies of your software? No? That is the same for coming here as a corporate entity, and "defending" or talking about your product under a user ID that is the same as your company, without paying a sponsorship fee.

Do you charge for copies of your software? Is that how you earn money? What do you think ET does?

So that basically tells us, either you are in severe financial crisis, or the company has little regard for the Terms of Service here at ET.

Notice those other user IDs that say "ET Sponsor"? They understand the proper etiquette for a company on another company's site - don't steal.

#21     Nov 15, 2008
  2. tradelog

tradelog

I have only posted on this forum when my name, product, or company has come up in a negative manner. I have contacted the owners of this site and they have allowed me to make a reply to some of the false allegations that a few members have leveled against us (one in particular keeps popping up in these discussions only to trash our software).

Are you saying I am NOT able to defend myself from defamation, or that I must pay to do so? My competitor has posted in a similar manner and I don't think anyone has complained. If I am doing something outside the the terms of this site, then please forward this on to the owners so we can discuss it.

On a more positive note, I have tried to offer some truthful advice about trader taxation in response to posts that are simply incorrect. My hope is that at least some traders will understand the issues involved come tax time and not get themselves into trouble. Unfortunately many traders find this out after they are in trouble with the IRS.

#22     Nov 15, 2008
    #23     Nov 15, 2008
  4. Tradelog

Notice how on this thread, how InteractiveBrokers defends their reputation? See that little "Sponsor" under their name?

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=145044

They manage to defend their honor without trying to violate Terms of Service.

Wouldn't it be nice if Tradelog wasn't a two bit company, and could afford to do this without stealing free publicity?

THAT was what I was talking about

But obviously, you are a fleabag 1 or 2-man shop that apparently has little interest in proper business etiquette. So you use this phony "defend your reputation" which is hilariously unneeded.

Do you go on the OTHER forums to "defend your honor?" How do you get anything done? Is your company/reputation so bad, that you need a fulltime person running around just to put out fires?

Poor, poor little Tradelog...

#24     Nov 16, 2008
  5. I stopped using TradeLog as it is just too expensive for my day trades from Etrade and Interactive Brokers. I did over 1300 trades via IB and over 200 trades via Etrade and lost about over 27K in total. Ouch, I sucked big time last year. I have no interest spending a few hundred dollars for schedule D generation. I found the TXF Express online service at http://www.txf-express.com/ and spent less than 10 dollars to get all my trades into TurboTax. It was a really good deal. Just a few mouse clicks and make a payment through PayPal, you are done.

#25     Feb 21, 2009
  6. I have had a concern about trading accounting and had considered tradlog. I haven't traded in about ten years so I remember the nightmare of fileing without having the right tools.
    It seems after visiting the link you provided it opened up more brokers to me than I thought I would be able to use as tradelog doesn't support many of them
    Thanks for the valuable info:cool:

#26     Jul 2, 2010
  7. I have had a concern about trading accounting and had considered tradlog. I haven't traded in about ten years so I remember the nightmare of fileing without having the right tools.
    It seems after visiting the link you provided it opened up more brokers to me than I thought I would be able to use as tradelog doesn't support many of them
    Thanks for the valuable info:cool:

#27     Jul 2, 2010