Is tomorrow a black Friday?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by UnFoRGiVeN, Mar 8, 2007.

1. saw it...
    he looked like dracula's assistant.

seriously, his argument was weak, the best he could get out was 'bear markets began when economies were healthy'. every example he cited referred to markets that had grossly out of whack PEs at the beginning of multiple contraction.

Our multiples and PEs are very nice.

#51     Mar 8, 2007
  2. R2S

R2S

The bounce is with drying up volume, I wonder if anybody remember the Bear Market essay: Up, flat, Up then collaps. But seems everybody think the bounce is not done yet.

I am confused.

#52     Mar 8, 2007
  3. <i>"the fed keeps injecting the markets with cash, the bears will never win...."</i>

When a meltdown becomes global, no country has enough resources to stop the flow. Currency interventions are short-term at best. When a currency trends, it causes global waves that can only be stopped by supply & demand.

The Yen is one part of this pending equation: the USD is another.

It'll be an interesting time to trade all markets over the next several months to years. We'll see and experience some absolutely amazing things... some will make 2/27 look mild by comparison.

It's gonna be fun around here!

#53     Mar 8, 2007

4. You didn't specify, what new's would be bearish? Big number, little number? Big number wage inflation, little number recession?

Or big number, growth and little number, moderating inflation? Put it into context please.

#54     Mar 8, 2007
  5. nonevent.

perfect number. good i bought those bond puts yesterday.

#55     Mar 9, 2007
  6. #56     Jan 19, 2008
  7. Black Friday

#57     Oct 24, 2008
  8. count on bernanke to fuck it up and not deliver a rate cut. we need a global coordinated rate cut, actually, because whenever the US does anything alone, the market tanks. when the world cooperates, the market cheers.

crash time perhaps...

#58     Oct 24, 2008
  9. donnap

donnap

Geez, it's gettin' ugly.

#59     Oct 24, 2008
  10. On Europe CNBC, they were showing the DAX's gainers and losers - and all of it were red.

The best "gainer" on the DAX was a -2.5% loss on a stock :-o

Let October be the capitulation month. I'm seeing the ISEE sentiment index at 80s... I'm hoping one last move to 50s and a bounce into the end of the year.

Then another dump in January.

#60     Oct 24, 2008