Is tomorrow a black Friday?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by UnFoRGiVeN, Mar 8, 2007.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Seems to me that this last fastest "correction" in history, every talking head says not to worry. Its great how they talk about everything being fine and wonderful, funny how most of these money managers cant take the pain of a bear market if one was to appear now. Give them the 17% and everything is great, take it away and they start crying.

#11     Mar 8, 2007
  2. S2007S

S2007S

and can someone please move this market , IT IS STUCKKKKKK

NASDAQ UP 25 for the last 4 hours

DOW up 90-100 the last 4 hours.

But soon wait because the last hour and half is when the real ride begins. My prediction is that they run the markets up into the 4pm closing, asia opens on a positive not, job #'s come in perfect and before you know it the DOW is back at 12786 like nothing ever happened.

On the other hand 12,000 is coming.

#12     Mar 8, 2007
  3. I don't think the markets warrant a deep correction yet.

When oil gets to $80 on an Iran invasion and hurricane worries, then I think we're due. Maybe even due for a bear market.

This whole correction won't have true depth and length because its a headfake ... there's not enough fear. And definitely NOT enough wrong.

earnings are too strong, too much cash out there, and the fed is in control !!! (inflation isn't too wild anymore and is in a position to lower rates)

#13     Mar 8, 2007
  4. The media can spin it however they want, but IMO the market will fall tomorrow, barring an amazing report from the labor department.

If the number comes in as expected, I think we'll see some early buying. However, once it resonates, and people start realizing how bad the numbers truly are, the market should sell-off precipitously.

Now, should the number come in lower than expected, a neon sign flashing "RECESSION" will be seen by every investor from here to Shanghai.

Time will tell...

#14     Mar 8, 2007
  5. S2007S

S2007S

I think that may be it, time to get bullish again, Dow 15,000 here we come.

#15     Mar 8, 2007
  6. Why does the color of the day always have to be black? And why is the color black always associated with jobs number fridays? Couldn't we have a nice chartreuse friday?> sounds less threatening doesn't it? a green friday for St. Patty- how's about them apples.

Heres the deal the number- it will be weak and cold weather will be blamed. It's the degree of weak we have to worry about. It's not so much holding today that's the issue it's holding tomorrow into the weekend. Traders have not been willing to do that if that could change and it could if a central bank bought dollar and sold Yen. So if for some reason the number is inflated up a bit and the dollar rallies - it doesn't look so bad-- stocks gap up perhaps the tone of the market has changed. Buyers hold. Suddenly those who sold on thurs afraid of friday are now coming into the game monday two BIG days behind and that could be a combined 2% if my computer model is working correctly!

Stay In The Game.

#16     Mar 8, 2007
  7. We will have a severe correction on or just prior to April 27th.

If I am right, I will be back to explain my rationale.

If I am wrong, I fully expect everyone to have forgotten this comment by me.

#17     Mar 8, 2007
  8. :p :p

#18     Mar 8, 2007
  9. S2007S

S2007S

Im suprised to see buying, I would be buying today but I thought why buy now when just 3 days ago everything was 3-5% cheaper. I will wait patiently for the next fall, while everyone was buying GS at 200+, QQQQ at 43+ AAPL at 88+ and everything else at week highs, ill sit back and wait for the prices to drop, no need to rush in, the only way you made a good amount of money today was buying at the close yesterday. The nasdaq was up around 30 now up 25. The dow opened up around 70 and added 30 more points. Not much profits unless you bought that real negative closing at 3:59pm.

#19     Mar 8, 2007
  10. Unless you're thorn then volente will be up your butt about it.

#20     Mar 8, 2007