Is Tim Sykes really a scammer?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by short&naked, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gaj

gaj

my post from 2 years ago about him:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3190836&highlight=sykes#post3190836

important part:

" he trades pink sheet stocks. you know, the market where quotes aren't guaranteed to be filled, shorts are insanely difficult without the right brokerages. so in some regards, for others, it's similar to paper trading because they can't get the same fills even if they tried.

in fact, his latest list of trades has 20 trades. 11 of them are pink sheet stocks. the rest of the stocks, the legit names - have floats of 4mm, 7mm, 6mm, 12mm, and not available (according to yahoo finance)."

you can search some other posts about him on the net including those who are supporters of him who say "i can't replicate his success / entries". that should be enough for anyone.

disclosure: i've been shorting bubbly stocks as one of my strategies, but never pink sheets, since the naz had its bubble.

#31     Mar 14, 2013
  2. zdreg

zdreg

#32     Mar 14, 2013
  3. promagma

promagma

#33     Mar 14, 2013
  4. I was here early and often (as usual) YEARS ago saying Sykes was a scammer.

But then I inherited all his materials from the estate of a 4th Uncle on my fathers side, and began to use the system.

Today I can honestly say.....

[​IMG]

#34     Mar 14, 2013
  5. Any moron can and does short penny scams.

Try it sometime and let me know how it works for ya.

#35     Mar 14, 2013
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

If you really believed that to be true, that makes you an idiot... :)

Some people just don't recognize a joke.... But I will explain what's your real problem, not undertsanding issues. The OP was about Tim as a vendor. Not Tim the lover (he is an excellent lover), or Tim the 6 years old (he was a naughty, naughty little boy) but Tim the trading vendor. So your whole defense of bar mitzvah this, coinvestor that is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT, because that wasn't the question.

The question was, well, read the first post again...

By the way even you acknowledged that he was a pump and dumper, the fact that he is doing it on from the short side doesn't change the morality of it...

P.S.: About testimonials. If I quote 2 dozens from TA University, would you believe them??? :cool:

#36     Mar 14, 2013
  7. Is this surf pulling a pump and dump on Sykes?:p

Surf you ever find an author you didn't like?

#37     Mar 14, 2013
  8. zdreg

zdreg

1. in most cases the shares are unborrowable.
    2. when you do it it runs up 5x or 10x (in a day)
    or 3. you are just being sarcastic,

which applies to you?

#38     Mar 14, 2013
  9. There is a chance Tim actually started this thread to get more interest.

It's very common for "gurus" to create a fake antagonist, just to get the sheep more involved.

I also think the news on N. Korea is to get us NOT focused on something else....

Say we want to ship 15,000 troops to Syria....just as a made-up example.....then you get the media to hype nuclear bombs from N. Korea and just bury this news. it worked before.

or talk on N. Korea and not our debt.....something like that.

tim is a smart guy......he knows how to create fake stuff so he gets more money. I think he made up his feud with stock twits and that other guy was in on it......they laugh at the sheep.

signed,

wolf

#39     Mar 15, 2013
  10. nah, I really do not know the guy

#40     Mar 15, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.