Is Tickquest (Neoticker) fading away?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Chillies, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Chillies

Chillies

I've used Neoticker for several years and am very satisfied with it, but recently I've become concerned that it may not be around much longer. It doesn't seem like there is much development activity at Tickquest - even so much as a patch for IQfeed's last version hasn't turned up, and that's been out for six months or more. Recent activity on their forums is pretty sparse too.

I'm beginning to think that I might need a replacement for Neoticker - I would appreciate any input about comparable (or better) software.

Many thanks in advance!

2. Mr_You

Mr_You

I'm not a NeoTicker user but it appears to be a fine piece of software and I feel your pain.

Many people seem to like MultiCharts, but some of their decisions recently and high pressure sales people have really turned me off completely.

I know many people have issues with NinjaTrader, but I'm not one of them. I do hope they have made some major architecture changes in the next version (v8) and look forward to it and their new Kinetick (IQFeed) native data feed.

3. Kirkx

Kirkx

4. Ever since we started most of our business are coming from institutions and hedge funds who are interested in high-end analytical tools.

Opening up the business to retail customers is just a small part of our business and we will keep it this way.

I have my share of dealing with enough retail traders who thought they know everything. I think it is the right decision. =)

5. Looks like they finally even took the website down.

6. LOL this lawrence guy is so full of s%&t

Failed as a business and shut down, as simple as that.