Is this what nationalized healthcare looks like?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, May 21, 2012.

1. Single payer universal health care would largely eliminate the 25% cost of paperwork and liability insurance that is wasted right now. A centralized system would eliminate many of the mistakes made when multiple doctors prescribe drugs for their patients while not knowing what the other doctors are doing causing bad interactions. Single payer is the way to go, but the insurance industry won't have it.

#11     May 22, 2012
  2. We already have socialized medicine in America. It's called Medicare and Medicaid.

#12     May 22, 2012
  3. yes but its not nationalized healthcare. its single payer. it works very well.

#13     May 22, 2012
  4. Ok! I'm with you now 100%.

Every damn problem in this country Libs want solved by the state, utter nonsense.

#14     May 22, 2012
  5. Lol. You just to jail if you don't want/need it. Total free market system.

#15     May 22, 2012
  6. critical thinking is not your strongest attribute is it?

we know from experience that most people will need it. we also know that you have no idea if you will need it 40 years from now. we further know that at the point you need it there will be no way to make you pay for it.
    at that point the taxpayer is faced with two options. let you die in the street or be forced to subsidize your healthcare. since we are a civilized society we really dont want to see your rotting carcuss in the street so we are left with paying for your medical care. that being the case it is perfectly logical to have everyone pay something into an insurance system while they are young and have income.

#16     May 22, 2012
  7. Rob227

Rob227

If you're rich then private health care is the way to go. If you are middle class or poor then a single payer public system is better, and cheaper overall because profit isn't part of the cost.

#18     May 22, 2012
  8. Ricter

Ricter

When I first moved to Alberta I had to pay $40 a month for healthcare. I note that I'm not paying that anymore, at least not directly, maybe my company is paying it. Personally, I think it should probably be higher, I can't see how, for example, someone like my wife can get "free" knees out of the program, but she is going to.

#19     May 22, 2012
  9. Rob227

Rob227

Alberta is most likely cheaper than other area's due to the higher revenue's from resources like oil.

It's not that the surgery is "free" its more of a shared cost spread out over all citizens. Likely it will give your wife a better quality of life and perhaps make her a more productive citizen in the long run.

#20     May 22, 2012