Is this week much tougher for anyone else?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bungrider, Apr 4, 2003.

1. For what it's worth, in choppy markets I try to do the following:
    (this is in the Q's)

1. Trade size (10K blocks)

2. Scalp, scalp, scalp

3. probably most important is recognizing the day's range. today for example the Q's established a very reliable range during the PM session. for a while the plan was buy at ~ 26, sell at ~ 26.15 (give or take pennies).

Every week is a battle these days. Enjoy the victories, shake off the losses.

-- martooni time!

dog

#21     Apr 4, 2003
  2. Porsche78

Porsche78

Don't feel left out, i have had 12 consecutive negative days lately....i can't believe it!!!!!

#22     Apr 4, 2003

3. That's what happens when there's nothing but sharks in the pool , they take nips out of each other when they're hungry. - J.Pryce Williamson

#23     Apr 4, 2003
  4. yeah, pretty tough this week and exhausting....

from the elation of a market rally to the frustration of no follow through the next day to the sideways grinding the following days to the difficult to follow downturns, well, Great Adventure is more enjoyable than this....

#24     Apr 4, 2003
  5. Tough week. 1 day up next day down it seems. Made about 1% on the week and was happy with that. OTOH, DDN and ACAP keep trucking which helps a lot.

#25     Apr 4, 2003
  6. no problemos here. nice BIG moves up & down.

grabbed me a nice big slice 'o the pie!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$CACHINGO!! :D

#26     Apr 4, 2003
  7. canuck

canuck

my week has been very exhausting, but still profitable, albeit not like the 3rd week of March. THAT was my kind of week. Oh well, in this market you have to grind it out until the better moves happen.

enjoy the weekend, and forget about this week. NExt week will be better....:D

cheers

#27     Apr 4, 2003
  8. Roughly breakeven this week, same thing last week. Every time I manage to get something going, I give most of it back on a single mis-timed trade.

#28     Apr 4, 2003
  9. taodr

taodr

Totally pissed off. Today I messed up a potentially good week. I really am fighting myself. Couple stupid mistakes , really sloppy discipline and lose bigtime.

#29     Apr 4, 2003
  10. I don't get it. Are you talking to yourself here?

#30     Apr 4, 2003