Is this week much tougher for anyone else?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bungrider, Apr 4, 2003.

1. mostly sideways this week, no big movement except the big gap b/w 4/1 and 4/2. If this continues this way I might start trading the range, it's possible but you have to stay in the trade usually about half hour sometimes 2 hours.... it's exhausting analyzing each tick for 2 hours... on the other hand, nice profits are possible even in narrow range days if you know what you're doing.

#11     Apr 4, 2003
  2. NQ went from 1020 on tuesday to 1080 on thursday. You could have made 50% profit in two days.

If this week was lousy for you, then probably it's because this week's market and your trading styles were not suited to each other.

You're always going to have some such weeks, aren't you, unless you can manage to come up with a varied trading style that can adapt itself to different market conditions.

#12     Apr 4, 2003
  3. this is easier said than done, it took me a long time.

#13     Apr 4, 2003
  4. buzzy2,

I was wondering if you trade both stocks and Futures ?

thanks,

#14     Apr 4, 2003
  5. jamus

jamus

Today has been one of those difficult choppy days. The system I have is very very good for trendy days but keeps me away from indecisive markets, like today. I have just spent about 7 hours just looking. Glad its over for the week.

#15     Apr 4, 2003
  6. I didn't even propose that it could be done, all I said was "unless you can . . ."

Apparently, although it took you a long time, you actually achieved it. So it's possible . . . and you did it somehow, by keeping at it, in spite of probably numerous disappointments and setbacks. :)

Consider contributing your results to the Organized Strategy Sharing project, if you feel inclined to.

#16     Apr 4, 2003
  7. just futures, but i tried etf's back when you could trade them on ecn's. no major difference, except less leverage = less profits.

#17     Apr 4, 2003
  8. Sometimes the best thing to do is just stay out of it. Like in a poker game, some hands you just should fold, and wait for the next deal of the cards.

#18     Apr 4, 2003
  9. that's correct. strategy one: got my ass kicked, strategy two: up two weeks on row, yay i'm the next soros, following week gave it all back. back to the drawing board, strategy 3 same thing, and strategy 4, and 5....

about contributing to the OSS: mmh, i'm thinking about it these days, but i don't know, it's quite complicated what i do, i have written down my rules they are like 6-7 pages the short version that i keep next to me always to read and re-read when i'm not watching the screens. and I don't even use off the shelf charting software.

#19     Apr 4, 2003
  10. I had my best week ever.

I had my worst week ever.

Now we can close the thread.:D

#20     Apr 4, 2003