is this true about a limit order in general

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by ChrisMMM, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Daal

Daal

1-no
    2-nyse they will route to there automatically

you can also trade through the nyse when the market is slow(lrp) using an ecn

#11     Aug 27, 2007
  2. I noticed one extremely interesting thing during days like was last Friday - when the effort marketmakers or big players lift the Dow as much as possible.
    I am placing limit order FOK. When I place it during normal days and the price is going against me /in LONG position/ I get filled and than the price fall immediately.
    But on days when Nyse marketmakers are lifting DOW I describe what happened.
    Bid was at 56.38, I place FOK at 56.32
    Than price started drop, it gone up to approximately 56.15. My order was not rejected but I get filled just when the price started rise, I get filled on 56.32 but in correct direction for me. The whole thing process more than 2 minutes, far too much for FOK order. Thanks to marketmaker and I appreciate much any help but here is something smelling. I noticed it more often, I noticed 2 days when it was evident: 16th August in end of session and 21st August. During these highly positive changes your FOK will be not rejected or filled immediately but just when the situation will go in your favor /in tight range around your order/.
    I am may be paranoid stranger but manipulating, computer manipulating is probably more common as we think..

#12     Aug 27, 2007