Is this to be worried?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by 1_________1, Dec 5, 2007.

1. What if they figure out his strategy and then publish a book, then he's totally screwed.

#11     Dec 5, 2007
  2. clacy

clacy

I must admit. This one made me laugh.

#12     Dec 5, 2007
  3. Westward

Westward

This one killed me. Put on some size.. lol

#13     Dec 6, 2007
  4. Hilarious! In fact, I can picture someone covering up their screen when it happens!

#14     Dec 8, 2007
  5. pbj

pbj

This is a valid question if you have a very profitable system. See

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1184657#post1184657

#15     Dec 8, 2007
  6. Hey 1_____1 did damnit send you a threatening PM yet?

#16     Dec 8, 2007
  7. bdon

bdon

If it were that easy, anyone who worked at the SEC reviewing trades could get rich.

Plus them dudes at StockWatch in the movie "Wall Street" would never have busted up Fox and Gecco and wouldn't have been dressed so bad.

#17     Dec 8, 2007
  8. Isnt this what someone was just accusing the swifttrade office in saksitoon of? copying their traders orders to understand the strategy to use it for themselves?

....maybe your safe at genisis as long as its not related to swifttrade

#18     Dec 8, 2007
  9. bdon

bdon

Sorry I wanted to add a little more to my last post. Because it was straight sarcasm with no added value, so here goes.

If its a super complicated math algorithm they probably wouldn't be able to figure it out (if they were that smart they'd already have their own system). If its some chart pattern set up, chances are plenty of others are already using it too.

Reality is that if you have a winning system people are always going to be trying to watch and figure out what your doing. Usually though its the folks who can't think for themselves and never made money and they end up f'in it up anyways because they didn't develop the system so they have no idea how to respond and adjust to a new or unexpected circumstance and will still end up losing in the long run. Thats where the natural instinct takes over and winning traders have it and others don't.

#19     Dec 8, 2007
  10. Someone mentioned that it would be hard to reverse engineer a 3 EMA crossover system. I wouldn't worry about that one being able to be copied.

However my systems are a lot less complicated and if someone where to see my trades they'd more than likely be able to do the same thing.

One idiot says why would it matter if people know your strategy and pushes whatever your trading in your direction. ~ I'm not even going to waste my ink responding to this.

I know that a broker can see your trades too however, my guess is that the people who see the trades are not working to beat the market.

It seems to me that the people who are in charge of these trading groups are traders themselves... so theres an incentive to see what the profitable people are doing. Also, I'm sure at the brokerage it is really not allowed to download customers stock trades an analyze them, it'll have to be done under the light.

But if I'm trading out of someone's retail account, there are no restrictions to view the trades out of "their retail account"

#20     Dec 8, 2007