Is this the tourettes forum?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stock_trad3r, Feb 8, 2007.

1. This is from a moron who has been screaming "market top" every other day. Typical bull shit from yet another typical bull shit Et'er. 99% of ET are wannabes and newbies who want to "manage money" after blowing out their $2000.00 account. Did you blow out yet?

#11     Feb 8, 2007
  2. Ricter

Ricter

He's right though, isn't he?

#12     Feb 8, 2007

3. I think this guy works at CNBC. Maybe he's Larry Kudlow.:p

#13     Feb 8, 2007

4. No he's not. Ask the nut how he plans to trade GOOG tomorrow instead of posting his hindsight bull shit. You can make a decent living tick fucking, however I have never met a wealthy tick fucker in my life who made his money from trading. The only wealthy traders I know with fuck you money are all position traders.

#14     Feb 8, 2007
  5. I like Kudlow.

#15     Feb 8, 2007
  6. secxces

secxces

Paul Rotter. "The Flipper". Need I Say More.

-secXces

#16     Feb 8, 2007
  7. Buy and hold works if

a. Purchase quality stocks with very strong growth (goog, aapl, chap)

b. purchase stocks with a historically strong tendency to go up (goog, aapl, chap)

c. companies have moderate valuations (the stocks I recommend have PE ratios between 10 and 50)

d. the overall market isn't overextended (there are no blowoff tops, spires, or other climax formations in the major indicies)

e. absence of any serious news ( such as a massive terrorist attack)

#17     Feb 9, 2007
  8. AK100

AK100

Yep, I agree 100%.

Most of the short term mugs spunk their cash on the 'cost of doing business' but the want action, action, action everyday.

Well, action is certainly what they get but in the form of losses:D :D :D

Always exceptions to the rule of course but not many.

#18     Feb 9, 2007
  9. <i>"d. the overall market isn't overextended (there are no blowoff tops, spires, or other climax formations in the major indicies)"</i>

In that case, looks like "buy & hold" better switch to "short & hold" soon

#19     Feb 9, 2007
  10. Ditto.

You can never make big money from scalping trades, the commissions will kill you in the long run. You need to sit on a position long enough to make big money.

#20     Feb 9, 2007