Is this the start of World War III?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bobcathy1, Mar 30, 2003.

1. Babak

Babak

Magna,

the US hasn't signalled that they want the UN to take action but rather have repeatedly said that they would only sit down with the NK'ians if accompanied by China, SK, Japan, Russia. This is so that more pressure is brought to bear on NK. As well those countries have a huge vested interest in NK and what it does. Just as the French and Germans had a vested interest in the maintenance of the Saddam in power. So they must be involved in the dialogue.

The US, Japan and other countries have basically fed NK for decades. Meanwhile NK has renegged on promises, repeatedly acted in a hostile manner and endangered the peace of the region. You can't just keep handing them food and resources. That would be idiotic.

#41     Apr 6, 2003
  2. Very intelligent guys.

Bring it somewhere else.

BTW. China has nothing to do with N Korea now. It embarrases them.

Educate. It Is the GOD in a godless society.

#42     Apr 7, 2003
  3. Nope, this isn't the start of WW III.

9 - 11 - 2001 was the start of WW III.

#43     Apr 7, 2003
  4. Completely agree for a whole host of reasons.

1) You need major powers pissed off enough to go to war. Both Russia and China are enjoying massive growth, booming economies. They need us for this. (China has "slowed" to 6.5%, inflation adjusted. Russia has paid off 60%+ of IMF loans since 1999, and most of the populace is paying taxes now after Putin lowered them to 13%).

That leaves only India (Hindu) possibly going to nuke Pakistan over Kashmir, but doubtful; or ...

The Pacifist Euro powers which have no credible military power. It bothers me that my tax dollars pay for 73,000 US troops in Germany when they are not really appreciated there. Why does Germany still allow this, given their view of the US? Because they don't wish to pay for it!

The US currently spends more for defense than the next 11 largest countries combined. We are soon going to 400 Bil which will put us larger than than the whole world combined. I think this is a huge waste of my tax dollars, enabled by 9-11, as tragic as that was. But it says volumes about anyone putting up a credible fight.

So C'mon you conspiracy guys, throw out a credible argument where we could have WW III.

So far, from what I've seen here, it has been a total and completely uneducated argument right up there with the blood-for-oil debate.

Jay

#44     Apr 7, 2003
  5. yeah its the start of WWIII. The nukes are landing on Berkely as we speak. Its WWIII for the left in america.

#45     Apr 7, 2003

6. killed this thread as I thought.

No way any educated human thinks we are goimg to WW III.
    Jay

#46     Apr 7, 2003
  7. It would
    make a diff: Russia, China, and any BIG country that cares.

C'mon Einstein's

Jay

#47     Apr 7, 2003
  8. Actually, its obvious that there will NOT be a military confrontation Haps, once you get the facts.

US military analysts estimate a minimum of 5 million casualties in the first two weeks if an all out conventional war erupts in Korea. Jane's Defence Weekly: North Korea has enough conventional artillery behind the DMZ to fire 500,000 shells and missiles PER HOUR into Seoul and its environs.

If you really "take no joy in that", why do you feel compelled to say so? Isn't it the natural condition to not derive joy at the prospect of mass death and destruction?

#48     Apr 7, 2003
  9. msfe

msfe

are Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Perle & al. educated humans ?

#49     Apr 7, 2003
  10. Please show me one quote where they say we are going to WW III.

It will NEVER happen conspiracy boys.

That said, I think Rumsfeld is going out of his way to burn the US in the long run. Complete moron.

Go Troops,

Jay

#50     Apr 7, 2003