Is this the start of World War III?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bobcathy1, Mar 30, 2003.

1. Dragn

Dragn

:confused:

#11     Mar 30, 2003
  2. Balda said : "People in any country just want to be EQUAL."

I say : "You need to EARN respect, it cannot be just handed out nor can you buy half an ounce in the supermarket."

The way these morons treat their own people (or their women for that matter) how can they possibly think we could respect them ?

freealways

#12     Mar 31, 2003
  3. lundy

lundy

I think the World War III part is a given. The question is: will WW3 be fought on the ground, or with nuclear bombs?

I have a feeling that if anyone steps on our toes in Iraq, they are going to get nuked.

The last time someone tried to mess with us, thats what happened.

#13     Mar 31, 2003
  4. Right on Buddy!

Go to downtown Kabul and ask the man on the street if he prefers the Taliban defining his freedom.

Everywhere I've been in the world (and I would venture that I've traveled in more countries / places than you have! :p ) people desire freedom.

Admittedly, American foreign policy has been a bit snobbish and misguided from time-to-time, but would you rather have Soviet style freedom? What if we gave in to bin Laden and Co.? Would that improve your standard of living? I hardly think so (unless you are somehow inside that loop, and wealth and ease by oppression are acceptable).

Greater Arabia will be a better place when the nations of that region can engage in commerce and not warfare. Just think what life would be like for all those Arabs if they started spending their oil money among themselves!

Peace,

kp

#14     Mar 31, 2003
  5. skeptic123

skeptic123 Guest

You better shut up about the media. The american media may not be perfect but it is reporting information quite acurately. And it reports all sides of it, it reports the war, anti-war movement, it reports what is happening in Europe, arab world, it reports about accuracy and mistakes of USA weapons, victims among civilian population, relief efforts, Iraqi resistance, UN problems, France and Russian positions etc. In addition americans being english speaking people have access to points of view of pretty much any other country through cable channels and internet.

On the other side your Russian media reporting is an absolute disgrace. The anti-american histeria is worse then it was in the 80th feeding on the anti-american sentiment of the russian public. The bias of the newspapers and magazines is obvious, the journalists show total lack of prefessionalism, instead of reporting facts, they report their anti-american emotions. They do not hesitate to lie, distort facts, manipulate information, spread rumors. Baseless reports of 500 killed and thousands of wounded of us/uk military are printed in every paper. Every american loss is a cause of glee. Only one side is presented, there has not been a single article explaining american/british point of view.

And this lying, manipulating, biased, one-sided russian media has enough arrogance to claim that it is the American media which does not tell the truth. Amazing, how things do not change in Russia.

#15     Mar 31, 2003
  6. Magna

Magna Administrator

Uhhh, not exactly. After the last time nukes were used (in WWII, 58 years ago) there was a Korean war, no nukes... then there was a Vietnam war, no nukes... then there was a Gulf war, no nukes... then there was an Afghanistan war, no nukes... :confused: :confused:

#16     Mar 31, 2003
  7. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I really do not think we will be the ones using the nukes.
    I worry that the terrorists will use a dirty bomb here in the USA on us.
    I think homeland security must be doing a good job of keeping tabs on the local terrorists though. Since so far we have had no attacks. I was definatly expecting them by now.
    This war on terror is going to have a high price in lives I think.
    I am glad I live 100 miles from nowhere now. I used to live near NYC.

#17     Mar 31, 2003
  8. I think you watch too much TV.

#18     Mar 31, 2003
  9. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I think you have your head in the sand.:)

#19     Mar 31, 2003
  10. lundy

lundy

They didn't mess with us, we messed with them.
    The last time someone tried to mess with us was Japan.

#20     Apr 1, 2003