Is this the same volente_00?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Raystonn, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

It actually costs money to list your system... :)

You idiot, learn to evaluate a chart. It took 2 months, not 30 days. I already explained the situation, by the way.

I am done with this thread, just too many newbies/idiots...(not Mark)

#51     Apr 4, 2007
  2. Ahh...ok...thanks.

I just went to the site and it saids it cost $98 for every six months to post a system and basically $73 for additional systems.

Simply, volente_00 entered into a contest with someone or group and it cost him $98.

Out of curiousity, the person that won the contest (the trader that defeated volente_00)...

What was the performance level of the winner???

Mark

#52     Apr 4, 2007
  3. volente_00

volente_00

Pekelo was the other person. He was a good sport about it even though I won both contests. Contact him if you want to see his graph.

#53     Apr 4, 2007
  4. volente_00

volente_00

To be honest it is too much work, my trades posted there were only entered after my real trades were placed. You can actually automate the system and have it fill your live orders from the website but at times the system is buggy and I would not personally trust it nor would I ever subscribe to any system there for this reason. I am a fader by heart and prefer short term trades. Unfortunately the site is not set up for this type of trading, it lags on entries and exits and at time can be slow so you miss fills. Also since the trades were secondary, often price had moved before I got filled. There is no comparision when entering trades on strategy runner dom versus the the manual site entry. Feel free to go back over the trades. When I ran it from 67k to 180k, it was done on roughly 30 straight trades with I think 2 losses using 2 to 3 point stops. When I removed the stops, the system tanked and 5 of the losing trades accounted for over 150k of the losses. I have no other systems there.

#54     Apr 4, 2007
  5. hcour

hcour Guest

Self-indulgence? In a volente/rubberbird/thorn/whoeverthefuck thread? Perish the thought!

H

#55     Apr 5, 2007
  6. romik

romik

Volente, who the hell is going to sign up with you for $2k unless you explain what & why you did what you did? Or did you intentionally price it up at $2k so you get no subscribers?

#56     Apr 5, 2007
  7. Assuming this contest was real, note that there is no way to view his "draw-up". Thus we have no way of knowing how far up a trade went before he managed to close it at a loss. This makes his real drawdown invisible, thus making it impossible to tell the minimum account size required to trade a reversed version of his system.

I highly doubt his reverse drawdown was less in magnitude than $500 per contract for every single trade, which is what he implied to be his level of margin per contract earlier.

-Raystonn

#57     Apr 5, 2007
  8. he could have priced it for $50 a month and would get no subscribers.

#58     Apr 5, 2007
  9. volente_00

volente_00

The system has never been available for subscription. It makes you list a price when setting it up so I put 2k.

#59     Apr 5, 2007
  10. volente_00

volente_00

Using $500 margins one could not have had the same losses due to the fact that many of the losses were 15-20 points once the stops were removed and you would at best only have 10 points of play with those margins and stopped out on margin calls.

#60     Apr 5, 2007