Is this the real American Dream?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cutten, Feb 16, 2005.

1. email

email

Hey Spect8tor,

How is your buddy doing with his wife, has he come to grips with the situation.

Cheers,
    Email

#21     Mar 6, 2005
  2. G'N'R

G'N'R

Breathe deep the gathering gloom
    Watch lights fade from every room
    Bedsetter people look back and lament
    Another day's useless energy's spent
    Impassioned lovers wrestle as one
    Lonely man cries for love and has none
    New mother picks up and suckles her son
    Senior citizens wish they were young
    Cold-hearted orb that rules the night
    Removes the colors from our sight
    Red is grey and yellow white,
    But we decide which is right,
    And which is an illusion

you decide

:^|

#22     Mar 6, 2005
  3. Not really, as far as I can tell.

#23     Mar 7, 2005
  4. email

email

Hi Sect8tor,

Spec, I have been thinking about this situation with your friend, these kind of problems interest me.
    Is your buddies wife rubbing it in that she has this great job or just excited.
    Does he like his job or totally haits it.
    I think he has issues with his self worth if his wife is not being a bitch about it.
    I know two guys in this situation, their wives make double what they make, one was a superintendent in the police force and his wife was a copper too. She was promoted to deputy chief I think, he had a party, and packed his job in and bought a boat.(and he gets his wife slippers at the door every night , just in case your wondering he is no wimp or fool)

This other budding of mine was a banker and his wife is a lawyer (liar) and she makes big bucks, he his happy as pig in shit, they have a great house cars, holidays. We always laugh at him sometimes because we ask him why he was not at the bar for drinks the night before and says hay "I have to protect my investment, donna had a bad week so I have to make sure she does not burn out".
    I might add that these woman are very gracious towards their man and do not talk big and make the guy feel good, that is where the problem lies.
    Now coming to me, me wife off and on over the years has had some great jobs that could of made some men feel inferior but I encouraged it and the more the better.
    If this guys wife is making so much money he should quit is job and you teach him how to trade, lol.

Cheers
    Email

#24     Mar 7, 2005
  5. I think she's just excited. I wouldn't imagine her to be the rub-it-in type, but you never know. I'd say my friend's told her he's sick of hearing about her job, so whenever she does talk about it, he probably feels like she's rubbing it in "indirectly" (the way women sometimes do -- the old "are you hungry?"= "I'm hungry" thing).

He tends to hate his job. But then he tends to hate a lot of things in life in general. He's just lucky his wife is a wallflower when it comes to confrontations with him -- outgoing all other times, but he'll put her down in public and she'll just clam right up. I've seen that before though, when a chick has worshipped a guy for years, she'll back donw like that (before finally realizing that she can do without him. Hits the guy like a sledgehammer -- "I can't believe it, I thought everything was fine!".) Lol. It does greatly put me off the idea of marriage though.

#25     Mar 8, 2005
  6. bsmeter

bsmeter

Your "friend" is a total loser.

Tell his wife to dump his sorry ass and move on. Then he can find some trailer trash baby factory to breed, that way she'll definitely have to stay at home :D

#26     Jul 31, 2006