Is this the only broker where you can trade on EBS Prime ?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Peternam, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Advantage wants 50K min. for an FX account, but obviousy you need to be able to cover margin (O/N 20:1, 2x that intraday). So for a 1 mil trade you already need ~50K margin (25K intraday respectively).

On ebs 1 mil used to be the minimum trade size, they recently started to support 100K lot size too, but i dont know anything about that.

#11     Jan 27, 2011
  2. I have read somewhere that the spread on the EUR/USD with EBS is not that tight , around 1 pip BUT you can trade up to 10 million at that spread ...?

If you trade smaller size ,you are better off on other platforms...

#12     Jan 29, 2011
  3. Joman

Joman

I've read on Oanda website that you can trade up to 10 Mil with their standard spreads.
    Plus their leverage is 50:1, and you get paid interest on your deposit :)

What is so great with EBS ? good platform / software ?

#13     Jan 29, 2011
  4. moarla

moarla

i would say, choose a good ECN broker who has access to EBS also, normaly better spreads, better comms etc.

#14     Jan 29, 2011
  5. Up to 10M ? Well, I hope not, that would be pretty low. A lot of Currenex hubs offer more liquidity on that spread.

#15     Jan 29, 2011
  6. Billy,

have you got any practical experience with ICAP via Newedge ? Any idea about liquidity ?

In the EUR/USD, 40-50M at bid/ask during NY session with 1 pip spread was the best I've seen so far...on a CNX hub.

#16     Jan 29, 2011
  7. AEsparza

AEsparza

Joman,

Small clarification. At OANDA you can trade up to $10 Mil per trade. There is no limit to the number of trades you can make.

#17     Jan 31, 2011

8. What hub was that ?

#18     Jan 31, 2011

9. Difference would be that EBS has no "last look" like on Currenex

#19     Jan 31, 2011
  10. What sizes are available for crosses like CHFNOK, USDTRY, USDZAR, EURILS (normally), EURPLN, NZDCAD etc on ICAP and Newedge's Currenex hub? TIA

#20     Jan 31, 2011