Is this the next Google?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Runningbear, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Sniemiec,

You should have hired a programmer. You could have made a fortune:D

Runningbear

#11     Sep 8, 2008
  2. This is something that can provide grounds for abuse and libel. Sounds like a huge liability to me. More work for lawyers.

I don't think combining searching and forums is a revolutionary idea. It cannot be patented also because it does not sound as something not obvious to somone skilled in this business. They (GOOG) will let them do it and then if the market is developed enough to justify it they will replicate it instantly. Rowdii will end up spending the money creating one more market for GOOG.

John

#12     Sep 8, 2008
  3. Is there a stock symbol? I do not find a Rowdii stock symbol anywhere.

#13     Sep 8, 2008
  4. I disagree on the following points:
    1) Courts have established that website owners/ operators are not liable for the content posted by users. If they were, there would be no websites where users could post content.
    2) They can apply for a patent for anything. Almost all applications are denied first round, but that does not mean it won't go through. Kraft was issued a patent to cut the crust off peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I think a patent will be issued.
    3) If Google wants it, they'll buy it. Google has plenty of cash. They'd be better off buying it before it grows too big. They could either buy it to use it or they could buy it to squash it.

#14     Sep 8, 2008
  5. You mean US courts because they can be sued in Europe or other places where owners are considered accountable for their content.

I also think the law will change in the US soon.

John

#15     Sep 8, 2008
  6. For "their" content, yes, here too. But if Johnny writes a blog on blog.com and says "I drank Pepsi last night and it sucked!" then blog.com can not be held liable for Johnny's statement. For this purpose Rowdii is no different.

#16     Sep 8, 2008
  7. mgookin is right. Amazon got a patent on 'one click internet purchases'. Who would have thought you could patent the click of a button. And Rowdii is significantly more innovative than making an internet purchase with the click of a button.

#17     Sep 8, 2008