Is this the kind of people you want running our country???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lilduckling, Sep 10, 2008.

1. you are way WAY OFF.... if I cared just a little bit more... I would post link after link of evangelicals preaching hate... punishing or even hurting others that dont see things their way.... just like that clip i posted of that fat ugly bitch, doing Gods work by terrorising small children about how Harry Porter would be put to death....

But im tired of arguing

#21     Sep 11, 2008
  2. I formerly lived on a predominately Muslim street in the Kensington section of Brooklyn, NY. I can assure you that my neighbors directed very little energy toward dominating my white ass.

#22     Sep 11, 2008
  3. Well you're definitely not right. The US has some of the lowest business taxes in the world. Here's an article from KPMG about it:

http://www.kpmg.com/global/pressroom/pressreleases/pages/Hugevariationinbusiness.aspx

Also not correct. Bush sent you your kids' money that hasn't been paid by them yet, which now has to be paid back with interest.

The wealth redistribution already happened -- here's a graph:

http://thinkprogress.org/wonkroom/2008/03/17/1928-resemblances/

#23     Sep 11, 2008
  4. I'm reading your posts and that's not the message you're conveying. You're conveying that the neighbor is evil so we need to be afraid of him and kill him.

Well I can't see a huge difference between the bombing in Oklahoma by a fundamentalist, the shooting of abortion doctors by fundamentalists, or the hijacking of planes on 9/11 by fundamentalists.

All tell us that they're right, that they're pure, fighting for peace.

#24     Sep 11, 2008
  5. McVeigh was a nominal Christian-not a church goer-who was motivated by his hatred of America for our participation in the Gulf War.

Bush and the war huh? How many Democrats have you voted for President who supported the Iraq war?

Let's look at comments by the guy you ardently supported in 2004, Sen. John Kerry:

July 29, 2002 - Kerry endorses the Bush plan in Iraq, stating,” I agree completely with this Administration's goal of a regime change in Iraq ... Saddam Hussein is a renegade and outlaw who turned his back on the tough conditions of his surrender put in place by the United Nations in 1991." (Sen. John Kerry, Speech To The 2002 DLC National Conversation, New York, NY, 7/29/02)

March 19, 2003 – Kerry continues his support of the war: “I think Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction are a threat, and that's why I voted to hold him accountable and to make certain that we disarm him.” (“All Things Considered”, 3/19/03)

Sept. 14, 2003 – Kerry asserts, "I don't think any United States senator is going to abandon our troops and recklessly leave Iraq to whatever follows as a result of simply cutting and running. That's irresponsible." (CBS's Face the Nation, 9/14/03)

Oct. 17, 2003 - Kerry votes against Senate Passage Of Iraq/Afghanistan Reconstruction Package - $87 Billion Emergency Supplemental Appropriations for Iraq and Afghanistan Security. (S. 1689, CQ Vote #400: Passed 87-12: R 50-0; D 37-11; I 0-1, 10/17/03, Kerry Voted Nay)

March 16, 2004 - Kerry responds to criticism regarind his Oct. 2003 vote: "I actually did vote for the $87 billion before I voted against it." [appearance at Marshall University in Huntington, West Virginia]

Aug. 9, 2004 - Answering a direct question from President Bush on whether he would still have cast his vote to authorize the invasion of Iraq "even knowing what we now know", John Kerry replied, "I would have voted for the authority... I believe it was the right authority for the President to have." (Sen. John Kerry, remarks in Arizona, 8/9/04)

Sept. 6, 2004 - Kerry calls the Iraq War "Wrong War In The Wrong Place At The Wrong Time." "Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry on Monday called the invasion of Iraq ‘the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time' and said his goal was to withdraw U.S. troops in a first White House term." (Patricia Wilson, "Kerry On Iraq: ‘Wrong War, Wrong Place, Wrong Time'," Reuters, 9/6/04)

Sept. 21, 2004 Kerry says, "I have one position on Iraq."

"You know education," he said, "if you make the most of it, and you study hard, and you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

Perhaps though it Was John Edwards who was the person on the ticket who got you hard. He does that to people.

"My position is very clear: The time has come for decisive action to eliminate the threat posed by Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction. I'm a co-sponsor of the bipartisan Resolution that's presently under consideration in the Senate. Saddam Hussein's regime is a grave threat to America and our allies. We know that he has chemical and biological weapons today, that he's used them in the past, and that he's doing everything he can to build more. Every day he gets closer to his long-term goal of nuclear capability.

Democracy will not spring up by itself overnight in a multi-ethnic, complicated society that's suffered under one repressive regime after another for generations. The Iraqi people deserve and need our help to rebuild their lives and to create a prosperous, thriving, open society. All Iraqis, including Sunnis, Shia and Kurds, deserve to be represented. This is not just a moral imperative. It's a security imperative. It is in America's national interest to help build an Iraq at peace with itself and its neighbors, because a democratic, tolerant and accountable Iraq will be a peaceful regional partner, and such an Iraq could serve as a model for the entire Arab world."

Senator John Edwards (Democrat, North Carolina)
    Speech at the Center for Strategic and International Studies
    October 7, 2002

#25     Sep 11, 2008
  6. Okay. Not-so-coincidentally, Osama is seen as a nominal Muslim.

Not sure what you mean by this, but yes, I classify an unjustified war that kills hundreds of thousands as evil, whether or not the Democrats support it. Evil doesn't change depending on who supports something.

If Abel had turned around and said "Hey, Cain's right about this" it wouldn't have changed the nature of the act.

I did? Wow, I never knew that. I knew I didn't support Bush, but no, sadly, I don't fit into your caricature.

I can't blame the Democrats as much, given the NIE's they were given that have since been revealed to have been altered by the White House. But again, evil is evil no matter who supports it.

#26     Sep 11, 2008
  7. lol. I live in Michigan, and I've never once had a muslim ever approach me or initiate a conversation about religion.

We have quite a few business conferences where Jews, Gentiles, Muslims, Evangelicals all mingle.

I have had Evangelicals get up in 'my grill' rather aggressively, however, even after I let them know in no uncertain terms that I'm Jewish (although not orthodox).

#27     Sep 11, 2008
  8. Damn straight

i guess "chilling" is as good a word as FUCKING NIGHTMARE SCARY !

I literally had trouble falling asleep last night from worry when I heard the McBush/Mooseburger ticket was ahead in some polls

#28     Sep 11, 2008
  9. Yannis

Yannis

Get used to it man, buy a lot of sleeping pills, we're here to stay and coming to get you... at night!! :)

#29     Sep 12, 2008
  10. Yannis

Yannis

Posted by TGregg At The Jokes Thread

:) :) :)

#30     Sep 12, 2008