Is this "THE HOLY GRAIL"' for trading the E-MINI'S

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Jeanmichel, May 30, 2002.

1. No doubt in my mind it is the same guy, but different system he is using I think. he doesnt seem to want to talk much about what goes into his "new" indicator

#31     Jun 1, 2002
  2. System trading is a fascinating study and I have no doubt that there are ways to get a small edge and exploit it on a mechanical basis but what bothers me about this guy is in his first thread he claimed to take 20 pts a day out of the NQ and anybody who has traded this market for awhile would take issue with this claim. Therefore I remain a sceptic. I hope somebody will backtest this system and give us some results.

#32     Jun 1, 2002
  3. Ditch

Ditch

His system is still the same. He uses a MA-crossover as a trigger. However, in the mean time he has figured out that if he trades this system on a 1-min chart he's going bankrupt. So he switched to 5 min. That's all.

Ditch

#33     Jun 1, 2002
  4. Why are you al so sceptic ????

We are talking here about REAL MONEY :D

Good luck in your trades GUYS and have a good test

Jeanmichel

#34     Jun 1, 2002
  5. I still use 1 min charts Mr. DITCH, I only use
    the 5 min. chart for a confirmation !!!!

Please, you must read and understand

Are you ja........????

Have a nice day
    Jeanmichel

#35     Jun 1, 2002
  6. Ditch

Ditch

So you entry on the basis of a signal in the 5 min chart. Right?

Ditch

#36     Jun 1, 2002
  7. on the nq, 1min chart- the yellow and green are moving averages, but the blue line, possibly what he calls JP's indicator, seems like it is smoothed. and he doesnt seem to want to tell us what he uses to get that blue line, his holy grail.

#37     Jun 1, 2002
  8. Jeanmichel, what's the purpose of teasing people with this, unless you're willing to fully explain how it works? Is this your place where you get off and get your feelings of self-worth??

#38     Jun 1, 2002
  9. Yes for sure...Looks like a Belgium joke :) (European humor)

#39     Jun 1, 2002
  10. I can save everyone some grief here. A triple moving average system will not work on the index futures, period. There is too much lag, so you end up getting whipped constantly. There may be periods of a few weeks to months that any system will make money but you will give it back. Anyone that can produce valid backtesting to prove me wrong, I will gladly eat crow and trade your system myself but that ain't gonna happen.

#40     Jun 1, 2002