Is this "THE HOLY GRAIL"' for trading the E-MINI'S

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Jeanmichel, May 30, 2002.

1. jem

jem

a lot of range balls and you have to know the difference between coming over the top and droping into the slot, or the magic move. Sounds a bit like trading.

#111     Dec 1, 2002
  2. danielc1

danielc1

JP, I think I see an Icon on your desktop that you are trading with IB. Why don't you post the journals of Ib? That will end the discussion.

Greetings Daniel

#112     Dec 1, 2002
  3. sudden interest in Jeanmichel (JP) once forgotten thread ?

An interest...in his price moving average average system along with MACD confirmation, RSI or whatever seems to work for him...according to him.

However, that doesn't mean it'll work for others (I'll re-visit this particular comment I just made later on in this post).

I met Jeanmichel once...many months ago.

At that time another trader (a Belgium or German guy) in my free public chat room (it's now a free private chat room) invited him to hang out for awhile.

That other trader said it was the same Jeanmichel that posts at ET.

So I asked him if he was the same Jeanmichel that posts at ET...

he said yes.

I don't remember him initiating any conversation about his trade methodology...

however...I did ask him about his trade methodology...

in other words...I initiated the conversation.

He came across as a guy that seemed "confident" in something he was using but quickly acted private or bashful about such trade methodology when I explored some specifics about the methodology.

He did say he was using something similar to my own trade setup.

I thought that was an odd comment at the time because I have lots of trade setups for different trading situations in the market.

More odd...I had never met him prior.

I told him this and also told him it would be crazy for a trader to use ONLY one trade setup in a market that's always changing.

I asked him if he was ONLY using one trade setup...he never replied.

Then I asked him to hang out for awhile in the chat room and post his live-realtime trade positions like everybody else was doing in the room...

(Note: At the time I was aware of the fact about the attacks he was getting here at ET.)

he never said yes but did stay awhile.

After awhile...I asked him why he wasn't posting his trades.

He said he "couldn't" and soon left the room without telling me why he couldn't.

Soon after...another trader in the room said Jeanmichel felt a little "intimidated" because there were some very successful traders in the room that he felt wouldn't have any interest in what he was using.

Hmmm....my first thought about that comment was that Jeanmichel wants an audience but wants an audience that were beginners.

Also...I think Jeanmichel still visits the chat rooms...but under another name and is posting his trades in realtime under that other name based on his IP address when he first came to my chat room...

at least that's what I think he's doing such in my chat room whenever he decides to re-visit it.

(Note: I'm also a visitor in many other chat rooms where traders post their trades besides my own chat room.)

My point is this (three comments).

First...Jeanmichel may have a valid trade setup...

a trade setup he knows when and when not to use it based on the successful live-realtime trade posts of a different user name with the same or very similar IP address.

Second...its also safe to assume Jeanmichel is still here at ET...most likely also under another name.

Third...when it comes to discretionary trade methodology ...it may be profitable for one trader and completely useless to another trader because it is discretionary.

(Note: I can't remember if his trading style is completely discretionary or based on some custom alerts signaling to him to take a closer look at something via alerts produced by his Metastock software.)

Simply...it is us the user and not the trade methodology that has the most impact on whether something works or doesn't work.

I also find it odd that a few of those that posted replies to Jean's comments are no longer trading or has admitted to not being a successful trader at a later date.

Last words of this long winded post...because I think I see Jean posting his trades elsewhere in the live-realtime mIRC chat rooms...

maybe he has lost all interest in the snail-mail message board stuff?

Will I ever ask the "different" user name if he's the same Jean? Nope...I figure if someone changes their name...its because they want a fresh start and I'll leave it at that.

NihabaAshi

#113     Dec 1, 2002
  4. NihabaAshi i am that guy from Belgium that invited JM
    to your chatroom about 6 months ago.

my nickname Trader

#114     Dec 1, 2002
  5. JM might be a successful trader BUT he's of NO educational value to those trying to learn.

#115     Dec 1, 2002