Is This The End Of Tesla ?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Stockolio, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Overnight

Overnight

You don't quite fathom the scope of our wants and needs as a species, do you?

It will not be solved by the slow process of photosynthesis.

#41     Apr 26, 2019
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

Just Part of the deserts around the world will create enough oil to 100% replace the current demand, Algea grows quick, it doubles every day.

The cost will be Billions, but oil platforms cost Billions, when they get near bingo they'll do it.

#42     Apr 26, 2019
  3. destriero

destriero

Why yes, yes you can. We are on NV Energy and charge our Tesla on 240V from geothermal. https://www.nvenergy.com/cleanenergy/renewable-energy-portfolio/geothermal-resources

WTF is talking about convenience? You're conflating.

Block.

#43     Apr 26, 2019
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Not sure why I am on block again. Des, you've gone funny. Your geothermal energy is wonderful. It's great! But how does it recharge my Tesla in Newfoundland in 2 minutes so I can be on my way?

#44     Apr 26, 2019
  5. The next breakthrough in electric car technology is going to be in fuel cell material science. It’s always a good sign when people laugh at something that works. It tells you creativity comes with a sense of humor.

#45     Apr 26, 2019
  6. Overnight

Overnight

You mean hydrogen fuel cells?

Good grief, they've been working on that for decades, still can't get it to work. I LOVE the idea! But for practical use? Nahh.

#46     Apr 26, 2019
  7. Cuddles

Cuddles

People don't realize the beauty of oil (or it's energy content). It's solar energy, just a forest's worth of fossilized biomass in a barrel. The kicker is the efficiency of course, and ICE just can't compete in that department when it comes to vehicles.

[​IMG]

The above is a 9kw solar array @ 600 sq ft. You need to run that puppy with no clouds for 5 hours to charge your 45kwh/200 mile car battery. You better do it during the day or have the back up battery storage for your nightly charge. Not everyone's got the kind of real estate, coin, or know-how to do so. You can improve w/a wind turbine when cloudy and/or night time, but it's still a clusterfuck for the home owner.
    [​IMG]
    The above is your night time battery with top of the line lithium tech. Triple the volume w/conventional lead acid.
    [​IMG]

Compare a 575MW turbine running on dyno farts 24/7. That's 64000 of the aforementioned solar arrays or 38,400,000 sq ft of sunny real estate.

#47     Apr 26, 2019
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Yer silly. If it were just their farts, peeps wouldn't be up in arms about cow farts. It's their BONES, BLOOD AND GUTS! rAr!

#48     Apr 26, 2019
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles

It is with a heavy heart that I must inform you it's generally ancient oceans (algae and shit) that makes the bulk of hydrocarbons

#49     Apr 26, 2019
  10. Overnight

Overnight

Indeed. So it's all plant matter. Grass! YAY!

#50     Apr 26, 2019