Is This The End Of Tesla ?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Stockolio, Apr 26, 2019.

1. schweiz

schweiz

Here’s how the major car brands stack up in terms of reliability, according to Consumer Reports:

1. Lexus
    2. Toyota
    3. Mazda
    4. Subaru
    5. Kia
    6. Infiniti
    7. Audi
    8. BMW
    9. Mini
    10. Hyundai
    11. Porsche
    12. Genesis
    13. Acura
    14. Nissan
    15. Honda
    16. Volkswagen
    17. Mercedes-Benz
    18. Ford
    19. Buick
    20. Lincoln
    Audi, BMW, Mini, Porsche, Volkswagen and Mercedes all have better reliability than any US cars. So if EU cars are crap, what are US cars then?

https://forbes.com/sites/jimgorzela...east-reliable-rides-on-the-road/#2c4d8ce25525

#21     Apr 26, 2019
  2. if the difference between top and bottom on that list is a single 0.00000000000000001 in reliability does it really matter?

#22     Apr 26, 2019
  3. Specterx

Specterx

#23     Apr 26, 2019
  4. Crappier.

I suprised to see toyota have a higher ranking than Honda based on personal experience and toyota’s high profile automotive issues in the news.

It looks like American automotive brands have declined in relative ranking to the European brands over the years. Planned obsolescence is apparently the reason for these low scores. Stupid stuff like 40 years of prematurely failing transmissions, head gaskets failing at 150,000 miles or even less, and hard to diagnose electrical problems. However, even with these, the average age of vehicles in the US has been on the rise for a decade or so:

https://www.businessinsider.com/americas-cars-and-trucks-are-getting-older-2018-8

Something about the American automobile business model is not working. I wonder what (MPS rolls eyes) the issues could be? Granted, part of the issue is Demographics, but most is the weak value proposition of American made vehicles.

Maybe there are opportunities in bailing wire and duct tape stocks. Certaintly in retail auto parts stores, anyway.

#24     Apr 26, 2019
  5. schweiz

schweiz

I drive/drove German cars for over 2 million kilometers. 1x Audi, 2x BMW and 3x Mercedes.
    And for my wife 3x Volkswagen Golf and 1 x Mini Cooper.
    I know people who spent more money on smoking or drugs then my yearly maintenance for a Mercedes.

That report is pure nonsense.
    Watch this report and compare it with yours. Results are completelly different.

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/the-most-and-least-expensive-cars-to-maintain-by-maddy-martin

In this report 8 out of 20 cars are US cars as most expensive:
    https://www.gobankingrates.com/saving-money/car/most-expensive-cars-to-maintain/#0

A huge factor is resale value after X years. That value can compensate for the entire maintenance cost of the car.

#25     Apr 26, 2019
  6. destriero

destriero

#26     Apr 26, 2019
    kinggyppo likes this.
  7. Handle123

Handle123

He any relationship to ex CEO of Sears Holding?

#27     Apr 26, 2019
  8. Nobert

Nobert

Two vids, with few good points,

tho they haven't mentioned, that TSLA has by far, the largest ammount of data, on autonomous vehichles ( how valuable is that, if it is at all ? ),

their entry into insurance business

& tesla autonomous taxi ( no steering wheel, no pwdlas etc, less cost per vehicle )

Real Vision channel, imo, is pushing hard on gold recently, some ,, reviews / interviews " looks like 10 mins long, pre-payid adds, which makes it less credible and trustworthy, for me.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    #28     Apr 26, 2019
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

#29     Apr 26, 2019
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

Honda got over complicated loads of issues on the 2007 Civics the fancy space ship looking 1's and Jazz's don't hold out much better, before that Toyota and Honda very similar.

18year old Toyota Celica currently, happy with both reports.

Tesla won't fail, it'll just remain an expensive luxury car, like Apple phones.

It's not like he can't sink a few Bil into it and bail it out not like he's going to miss it.

#30     Apr 26, 2019