Is this the End of Careear?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by FarkCop, Mar 7, 2009.

1. FarkCop

FarkCop

I have been doing pretty bad for the past few months (although still positive), but I start to wonder am I correct to keep being a trader. Lot of my friends gave up, and those who are still making money, their profit decrease 70%-80%. I never feel so lonly in trading before.

My platform(Sterilng) peforming becoming worse and worse, we keep having several secs delay this week. And now SEC is rising thier fee to make our life even harder.

I feel that I am on a crossroad of my life now, I loving trading and has living on it for years, but this time I am really scared. I still have chance switching my job now, but also deeply attracted by the potential that trading may bring. Once you make good money before, it is hard for you to stop thinking about that. On the other hand, I have a feeling that the situation won't turn good soon. It is really hard to decide, once you be a trader, it is difficult to go back to normal work.

I would like to ask those who makes thier living by Day Trading, do you feel your profit decrease, or can't make money recently?

What do you guys think I should do? Give up trading or stay with it and pray my darkest period will pass soon?

Any input will be welcome, thanks.

2. kandlekid

kandlekid

Well, doing normal work does not mean you're not a trader. It just means you're a trader doing something else for awhile to earn a living. I really don't think that a trader's skills erode over time. If you can make a profit today, you'll probably make a profit next year, all other things being equal. Afaik, the markets aren't going away (but I could be
    wrong).

Personally, I'm not going to day trade again (live) until I'm confident that I can be successful (i.e. profitable).

3. elguapo

elguapo

if you're scalping ask yourself why this might happen. something is changing in the market. at your broker. at your llc. ect.

4. Whatever you decide to embark upon, perhaps mastering English language should be a part of that.

Just a friendly suggestion. :D

5. I was going to say the exact same thing.......
    Brush up on the writing skills.

6. FarkCop

FarkCop

lol

You are right; I definitely need to keep learning English. I am neither a native English speaker nor living in an English environment. :p

Thanks.

7. Cheese

Cheese

The answer for you is give up.

If there are less gyrations daily, as there has been in CL so far this year compared to last year then that means less points available per day. At the margin of trading performance this translates into traders 'dying'. Bees have been dying without apparent cause while traders in their net profit performance become debilitated or 'die' from a cause they cannot identify for themselves.
    :)