Is this the best deal in town?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by daniel_m, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Point Direx:

New Pricing:
    Base Commission: $5 per 1000 shares
    SOES: $2 per 1000 shares
    Island: FREE
    ARCA: $2 per 1000 shares
    Trac: $3 per 1000 shares
    NTRD: $3 per 1000 shares
    BRUT: $5 per 1000 shares
    BTRD: $5 per 1000 shares
    DORS: $5 per 1000 shares
    ATTN: $9 per 1000 shares
    NYSE Direct: FREE
    NYSE SDOT: FREE
    AMEX Direct: FREE
    BULLETS: $15 per 1000 shares
    Cancels: FREE
    SEC FEE: .0000301 x Total Value of Sales

Any hiddens fees or anything else that I'm missing here?

if not, IB's got some catching up to do...

2. Besides the software fee (which is waived after 100,000 shares) there are no other fees. We disclose everything up front, even the SEC fees.

The market is full of surprises, your commissions shouldn't be.

3. Have all the issues with PD been resolved. I know awhile back several people on here were complaining that they could not log on to their accts, or get ahold of anyone at the firm to find out what was going on. If I remember right it went on for 3 or 4 days that these people were in the dark. So basically besides the lower rates is the company financially stable?

4. Bullet

Bullet

whats the inca pricing. Rebates for adding liquidity?

5. Back in Oct 2002, we were in process of moving locations. Since then, the company has been completely stable.

We want to assure you that you can contact us anytime with any questions you may have about accounts, software, trading, etc..

Best Regards to All

Customer Support

6. Dzambo

Dzambo

You mentioned here "Besides the software fee (which is waived after 100,000 shares) there are no other fees..." but on the site itself it says "Software & Data Fees -- $39.99/month (waived after 25 trades)" - http://www.pointdirex.com/live/en/ns/html/fees.htm?r=pointdirex

I was just wondering which one is correct?

7. nitro

nitro

I am a little confused...Is the $5 a FLAT fee regardles of whether one trades 100 shares, or 1000?

nitro

8. mixer

mixer

Ive been looking around at many different firms and they are giving some really good deals out there. It seems like this in on par with what others are telling me.

Now, If tradestation would lower to 1/2 penny that would be a great deal!

9. Htrader

Htrader Guest

I really wish IB would add retail bullets. Otherwise fees are almost the same.

10. nitro

nitro

http://www.choicetrade.com has them for .01 a share. But I agree, it would be best if IB just added them...

nitro

#10     Mar 8, 2003