Is this story for real?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, May 26, 2007.

1. if they were smart (a big IF), these fellas would have caught the forest monster alive and sold it to the zoo or an animal collector. im sure someone out there would have paid big bucks for a live monster pig.

heck, i'd pay at least $5 admission to see it running around an enclosed area.

i hope there arent any unicorns roaming around montgomery, alabama.

and the photo is deceiving because the pig is more focused than the kid, which indicates the pig is much closer to the camera.

#11     May 27, 2007
  2. skepticaltrader

skepticaltrader Guest

The question should be:

"What are they going to do with all that bacon and ham":D

#12     May 27, 2007
  3. LMMFGDAO !!!!!!

#13     May 27, 2007
  4. send that little cracker to iraq.
    i want to see how bad he will be.

#14     May 27, 2007
  5. My question would be how far was he for the first shot? That hog is gargantuan, but this is a kid with a hand cannon. I would think anything over 50 yards or so and we are talking some fancy shooting. I wouldn't want to be that close to that boar, even if dad and guide were behind me with big game rifles. If that boar turns on him, he'd be lucky to get off one more shot, considering the recoil. It's hard to see much of the gun, although it does appear to have a scope.

#15     May 28, 2007
  6. Their website has pics and details on the gun. It was a S&W Model 500. Specs:

Model: 500
    Caliber: .500
    Capacity: 5 Rounds
    Barrel Length: 10 1/2"
    Front Sight: Red Ramp Front
    Rear Sight: Adjustable
    Grip: Rubber Grips
    Trigger: .312 Chrome with Overtravel Stop
    Hammer: Chrome Tear Drop with Pinned Sear
    Frame: X-Frame
    Finish: Satin Stainless
    Overall Length: 18"
    Material: Stainless Steel
    Weight Empty: 82 oz.

His was described as customized and has a black frame. Pretty mean looking piece actually.

#16     May 28, 2007
  7. Yeah, hey its possible the kid can shoot, but....dunno, whole thing seems bogus.

I reckon the range would be very interesting, wouldnt be too concerned by power though, these things are throwing a slug out there with as much energy as a hot loaded 45/70 (or better) hitting at medium range, just their a little scant on detail.

Website-up that quick? With adds and comments from celebs? Nice work.
    Its almost as if........they planned to shoot it; grain fed porker for a canned hunt, big trophy for tha' young'un, you know what i mean?
    And yes, i did have to throw a conspiracy in there.....:D

Forget the pig, the recoil from 8 shots of that puppy should have broken his wrist, they've done in better men (er, boys?) than him.

#17     May 28, 2007
  8. Arnie

Arnie

As a former hunter, these stories make me ill. Very sad.

#18     May 28, 2007
  9. #19     May 29, 2007
  10. I believe this story when they put the kid on TV and he empties that cannon and reloads and empties it again, all the while running through the woods after a wild hog that could rip him in half. Actually, I'd settle for seeing him fire that .50 eight times and live.

#20     May 29, 2007