Is this right time to Short PALM?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stocktrader2007, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Someone's been propping this thing up @ 8.00 since 14:45.

#31     Jan 29, 2009
  2. They dont have a choice, but Palm has documents and lawyer stand by.

They did a good analysis of this over at engadget.com, you should read it.

#32     Jan 29, 2009
  3. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

You bought in-the-money puts? :confused:

#33     Jan 29, 2009
  4. The product should be called the pre-failure

#34     Jan 29, 2009
  5. Yep. I prefer ITM puts as there is a lower probability of worthless expiration, but I most likely will not hold that long. I also prefer "round" number strikes that generally offer better liquidity.

#35     Jan 29, 2009
  6. stts

stts

I really like that phone. Big screen and keyboard slide out. And if it turns out to run apps better than the storm, Ill be drooling all over the place. Too bad it doesn't have a card slot. I really like to load stuff in on cards, like movies. But ongoing support and updates are key so I hope they can make this fly. This one is more closer to perfection than any of the others I see, so there is always room for more smartphone choices.

Also, this thing is Linux based. So anybody can and will write and port existing stuff to run on this phone. Very good to know that this could live on even if the company bellies up. Just look at the Linksys wrt54g routers. The earlier ones were linux based and hackers have now made it the most powerful router you can buy anywhere with the hack software they wrote. Far beyond what Linksys had intended for this router and it impacted their more expensive equipment.

#36     Jan 29, 2009
  7. The market is collapsing (while stock trader is heavily long is calls) and PALM is not budging to the downside (and he is short) ... I have honestly never seen someone some inept at trading

#37     Feb 1, 2009
  8. Bootsie

Bootsie

You know what... I went into my local Bell store and picked up a new Blackberry Storm on Friday. As I was standing at the counter, I looked at all of the available "smart-phones" they have to offer. I stopped counting after 30.

So I ask... Seriously, who gives a shit about this new phone. How much market share are they going to take from the Rimm's, Apple's, etc. What, 2%... at most?
    I mean, all the guys at Best Buy are getting outfitted with iPhones... across the country. Rimm is everywhere in corporate Canada. (don't know about the states but I assume it's there as well... Obama?) These are the place Palm is going to need to be in order to make any money... not the back of the room in your local grade 10 math class.

I won't give them 10 seconds of my day.

B

#38     Feb 1, 2009
  9. I'm not short palm and my calls are getting murdered because this market keeps falling even though GDP numbers were better than expected. Palm will got to $1 within 2 -4 years though.

#39     Feb 1, 2009
  10. l2tradr

l2tradr

Yup, the GDP numbers were better than expected. The market is wrong and you are right, as usual. Keep paper-trading your beliefs, you'll make a ton of cash.

#40     Feb 1, 2009