Is This Really The Way The Country Is Going?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by EMRGLOBAL, Apr 21, 2008.

1. nevadan

nevadan

quote from daddyeaux:
    Interesting graph. I was watching an interview on Bloomberg earlier this evening of the author of a new book titled Bad Money. Kevin Phillips, the author, had some rather startling things to say about the American economy and the rise of the financial industry compared to the decline of our manufacturing industry. He stated that Alan Greenspan's tenure at the Fed marked the beginning of the decline of manufacturing as a % of GDP and the ascension of the financials to approximately twice the current manufacturing base. Just for grins I went to Wikipedia and looked up G's term as fed chairman. Correlates quite well.

#11     Apr 22, 2008
  2. LA's going to end up just like lots of cities and in South and Central America. Millions of barely literate peasants ruled by a small elite in guarded and gated compounds.

As they always do, the peasants will outbreed their resources, riot and then get crushed by the elite controlled police on a semi-regular basis.

By a combination of devaluing the $ and overbreeding the minimum wage will end up at third world subsistence levels.

Better make sure you're in the elite group.

Good times.

#12     Apr 22, 2008
  3. fear not, the Fed. is printing money at astounding rates and flooding the system...

inflation (however the gov. measures it) will spike, how can it not...

i.e. $120 oil already...

#13     Apr 22, 2008