Is this really happening

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tubytrader, Oct 26, 2006.

1. I agree, personally I was much more concerned about last year's move from late Oct. through the Spring.

I guess U.S. stock holders don't deserve to get rewarded for holding companies with balance sheets stronger than ever and double digit earnings growth for like the past 14 quarters. There are more quality companies generating more cash now than there ever have been.

#11     Oct 26, 2006
  2. Arnie

Arnie

#12     Oct 26, 2006
  3. Why do you care about the direction? When the ES cut through 1355 like butta, something should have caught your attention to the possibility of further upside.

#13     Oct 26, 2006
  4. The current market does feel similar to late '99:
    Straight up, but with low VIX, narrow daily bars, and I'm not making dick off the move.

Early '00 was much different though- High VIX, wide daily bars, nice big moves in both directions, great trading opportunities... Champagne, blow & sluts for everyone!

#14     Oct 26, 2006
  5. Kind of thread which makes me a nervous long. Sounds like we are getting too complacent. But I keep my longs, for now, with open eyes.

#15     Oct 26, 2006
  6. bingo....

huge gap downs...

-2% down days all the time

#16     Oct 26, 2006
  7. LT701

LT701

yes, this is different, a relentless upward grind

100 points up, with no pullback

#17     Oct 26, 2006
  8. we need a huge correction or at least a down day. nothing makes sense

#18     Oct 26, 2006
  9. Welcome to the markets, tubytrader. The markets are pretty good at misleading as many people as possible. But I guarantee that a pullback will come eventually. Probably when we expect it the least.

#19     Oct 26, 2006
  10. Danulous

Danulous

but we all are expecting a down day (or a few down days) at this point. it will be nice and healthy. and im looking forward to it so i can buy more.

#20     Oct 26, 2006