Is this really America, the America you are proud of?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Sam321

Sam321

It’s a private homeowners association, not a public park. Since most journalists are de facto Communists, no wonder such a miniscule story against private property entities would make news.

#21     Nov 28, 2006
  2. Gosh... this guy needs some serious psychiatric help... maybe a straight jacket.:D

#22     Nov 28, 2006

3. Hold the phone, by definition a homeowners group, capable of imposing fees , tariffs or fines on members of what amounts to a collective, would be blatantly communist in approach???????
    And a restrictive trade practice?

Journalists, cost you money, for christmas decorations??
    Well, do they?

Seriously, which bit was supposed to be satanic....in deference to the hapsters attempted comeback, maybe it was the ..red ribbon, rather than the dove foot symbol, or perhaps the use of .......................................................................

What, plastic laurel, WHICH BIT was the problem, anyone?

#23     Nov 28, 2006
  4. Sam321

Sam321

It’s about a majority of homeowners objecting to the blind arrogance of liberalism. I laugh when you commies predictably throw a hissy fit every time property owners organize.

#24     Nov 29, 2006
  5. A majority? Good Grief....some people need to learn how to read.

The article says nothing of a majority? In fact, it says that only 3 or 4 people complained. It goes on to say that Board President fired all other member of the Board after they refused go along with his fascist bullshit.

"Kearns ordered the committee to require Jensen to remove the wreath, but members refused after concluding that it was merely a seasonal symbol that didn't say anything. Kearns fired all five committee members."

Talk about spin....sheesh

#25     Nov 29, 2006
  6. Well then you should Try an Aspen or a S. Florida home owners groups if you wanna experience communism writ small yet viscous and just as fascist and by definition just as anti-private-property rights as any state sponsored regime

Word to wise: STAY AWAY FROM A HOA IF YOU CAN AT ALL HELP IT.

I thank my lucky stars that I'm not bothered by one of these Pinko whack-job groups and its appointed and/or titular "Leader."

#26     Nov 29, 2006
  7. Arnie

Arnie

We had an HOA here that made a Marine vet take down his flag pole (very nice btw). Lot's of ceverage in the press...public pissed as all get out. This went to court and he lost....even had to pay the other sides attorney's fee. HOA are sometimes in a difficult spot. If they allow certain things and disallow others, they can lose their ability to legally enfore the HOA covenants. But this one sounds like a they have a class A jerk in charge. I would like to know if this HOA allows seasonal decorations like lights on trees or wreaths on doors? If they do, then I think they would lose in court on this one. If Z hadn't pointed it out, I wouldn't have noticed that it was a "peace" sign.

#27     Nov 29, 2006
  8. #28     Nov 29, 2006
  9. Just curious. Would this thread exist if the HOA had ordered the removal of a "wreath" shaped like a swastika? Or if a black Lawn Jockey was in dispute?

I find it comical that those who go ballistic over a comedian calling a heckler "nigger" are now so suddenly ardent purveyors of free speech.....

#29     Nov 29, 2006
  10. Why do you put the N word in quotation marks?

It is not as if you suffer from political correctness, right?

#30     Nov 29, 2006