Is this proverb true: Tell me what music you listen to, I will tell you who you are

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by harrytrader, Mar 17, 2004.

1. If I were going to attend church, it would be the Church of Buffett, Orthodox.

http://www.cobo.org/index.php

Gonna put on some Todd Snyder, "Doublewide Blues" now...

Old Martin Mull songs are great too!

I already see psychiatrist regularly by the way, in case anyone is concerned.

#31     Mar 19, 2004
  2. sarcasm anyone? anyone heard of? :p

actually i stole it from VH1 top something of something or other.

#32     Mar 19, 2004
  3. can it get any better than Zeppelin or GNR on a friday nite??!

i think not!!

:-/

#33     Mar 20, 2004
  4. nitro

nitro

My mother always told me it was:

"Show me your _friends_ and I will tell you who you are."

nitro

#34     Mar 20, 2004
  5. Bob Dylan? Why not Elvis?

#35     Mar 20, 2004
  6. Uni

Uni

Please accept my apologies, mtc. I normally abhor the frequent flame fests that go on around here, I don't know what came over me so excuse the venom.

Yes, that is one harrowing story. I'd probably have a colored perception of deadheads if that had happened to me so I understand. Unfortunately, the Dead were (and still are) pretty loose with their scene so of course they attracted some pretty diverse folk; some you would feel comfortable leaving your children with and some you wouldn't consider touching with your friend's ten foot pole. Alas, those of us that came for the music and fellowship were often lumped in with the scumbags in the eyes of outsiders, especially the media.

So, I hope we're cool. The last thing I want to do is make enemies, even on a semi-anonymous message board. It's just not my style.

Take care,

Uni

#36     Mar 20, 2004
  7. He is a classical composer in the field of 'minimalism'.

I ask if people here like him because his music tends to go in cycles, kind of like the markets. Everyone who has heard him tends to love him or hate him, no one thinks he is just OK.

I suggest doing a web search or going to Amazon and hearing some samples. Let me know what you think.

Yes, it is VERY repetitive.

#37     Mar 20, 2004
  8. How could I be upset at someone who gave me a ;-) But really, I'm the first to admit that I have and do, find myself in a flame war every so often and am quite sure that I deserve to 'get told'..... at least once in a while. So no, no hard feelings at all, I don't like enemies either.....especially on ET....;-) And anyway, it is almost impossible to actually offend me......Not that I want anyone to try...;-)

#38     Mar 20, 2004
  9. ig0r

ig0r

yes, i listen to glass sometimes, his music got me into making some techno (even though his music isn't really traditional techno)

#39     Mar 20, 2004