Is this possible?

Discussion in 'Options' started by babutime, Mar 3, 2012.

Are the returns he posted possible?

1. No, this is fake!

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. Yes, the results seem possible

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  3. I cannot tell

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  1. So i just took a look at a bunch of his trades. I'm calling BS on his trades and his returns.

I don't understand why he lets some calls run to expiration and lose 100% when he could have exited with some premium left. For similar setups, he takes a tiny loss and some he takes a huge loss. Some premium he made on certain trades doesn't make sense in relation to his hold time and movement of the stock, even with an exploding IV.

#11     Mar 4, 2012
  2. It's obviously possible lol. Anyone who says it's not has to have the common sense of a ant. Everyone should know that anything can happen. Now Whether he grew profits out of skill or sheer luck is a whole other thread...

#12     Mar 4, 2012
  3. Hedge fund trader trading options. I think that's possible.

#13     Mar 4, 2012
  4. He was an analyst for Thomson Reuters. Not really a hedge fund trader...

Unless there's something I don't know about Thomson Reuters' business...

#14     Mar 5, 2012
  5. anyone believe those numbers he posted are real ?

#15     Mar 5, 2012
  6. Like I said, put 50% or 100% of equity in options and you can get those easily, assuming you're profitable for the period.

I'm sure his drawdown was between 40-50%.

#16     Mar 5, 2012
  7. Anyone using "technical indicators" to take positions in options simply cannot be taken seriously- regardless of how much money he made. I mean, over time, his returns via the use of "indicators" will tend to revert to it's true worth- zero.

I'm convinced this is quite fake- although I cannot seem to find anyone on the WWW complaining about his services...

He seems to regularly post his trades too- I just don't have the time to test him. I better focus on my own trading!

#17     Mar 6, 2012