Is this possible- 1000% yearly returns on options?

Discussion in 'Options' started by carl1111, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Carl, the 'strategy' you posted was clearly written by some big dreaming piker with no trading experience.

#11     Feb 12, 2006
  2. Between Carl's 3 mo saga, that's not a saga, with choosing b/t GS and a prop shop (GEICO: it's so simple, even a cave man could do it) and now this poorly written and obscure take on trading options after hours which doesnt exist, I really doubt that Carl is real. I think he/it may be here to upset the board. I got some PM in my box copying his GS post verbatim last weekend. I cannot fathom why it was there, but something here is really off. Point being, I wouldnt spend too much of your time on these threads, but that's just my .02.

sd

#12     Feb 12, 2006
  3. ktm

ktm

1000% yearly?

No. Not possible.

#13     Feb 12, 2006
  4. Oh, I know you're right.

He PMed me his fictitious dilemma as well.

"Overall comp at goldman would be nearly 150k first year, given weekend comp which they provide, signing bonus, and end of year bonus, not to mention 2 free meals each day provided by them. "

My reply:

<b>I have the answer!

It's a trick question. Goldman never pays that kind of dough to inexperienced rookies.</b>

#14     Feb 12, 2006
  5. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

It's possible. So is winning the lottery.

#15     Feb 12, 2006
  6. Peppy

Peppy

starting with $10,000 , having 1000% yearly return for 10 years will make you richer than Bill Gates and Warren Buffet combined.

#16     Feb 12, 2006