IS THIS LEGAL ? Arranged trades after hours with a friend at a hedge fund

Discussion in 'Trading' started by joelgoodsen, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Surdo

Surdo

Joel Goodson was played by Tom Cruise in Risky Business!

#11     Oct 23, 2008
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Look at it this way: There's lots of "trading" that goes on in the penitentiary, so.....You should "fit" right in.

#12     Oct 23, 2008
  3. They use mackerel packets as currency in the pen.

#13     Oct 23, 2008
  4. Sounds like something the SEC has turned its back on to allow hedge funds to earn massive returns over the past several years.

Call up Cox, bet he doesn't care.

#14     Oct 23, 2008
  5. You are conspiring to defraud this fund of profits, and sharing the rewards with your friend, do you really have to ask the question?

#15     Oct 23, 2008
  6. Embezzlement it is, indeed. Average sentence is about 10 months of imprisonment. And you get what for that? $500 from your co-conspirator?

#16     Oct 23, 2008
  7. kxvid

kxvid

Yet another reason NOT to invest in hedge funds, or any type of "fund" for that matter.

#17     Oct 23, 2008
  8. I'm calling B.S. on this whole thread unless Mr. Risky Business can offer some additional and credible details. For one, hedge funds reconcile their trades every day and this sort of activity would likely be flagged immediately. This is a really bad scam if it is for real as it creates a huge paper trail and would be very easy to detect and catch all involved. Also, OP said in a previous post that he is 41 and has been trading since he was 19. It is hard to believe that someone who says he has been around markets for 20 years did not sense something was wrong with this scenario. I don't know but there are lots of holes in this story for me.

#18     Oct 23, 2008
  9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

lol its C-Kid. Very high probability. :D

#19     Oct 23, 2008
  10. joemiami

joemiami Guest

In case this thread is for real..... I live here In Miami Beach, one of my neighbor's brothers works for the Miami office of the SEC. Was introduced to him a few months ago in the lobby of my condo building.

They(the SEC) know about this site and others....HINT HINT !!! They drift around these day trader sites sometimes to see if "insider info" is being passed around or other shady stuff might be going on.. HE told me this to my face !!

If you are worried as to whether you did somthing wrong....go see an attorney familar with securites law. Dont risk incriminating yourself by posting it on here you moron !!

#20     Oct 23, 2008