Is This Kosher?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by super-ego, Aug 13, 2003.

1. With genuine respect for you (I have observed your progress here and elsewhere with interest), I would suggest that Brandon is also earning his living from the market: by trading his and other people's money, and by providing an education to others in the various nuances of trading... of course, there is an element of marketing in what Brandon does, for he is providing a trading service... the only companies that don't need to market are companies run by people with no clients (i.e. individual traders)... even the "masters" that you refer to need to market, if they are running OPM...

#41     Aug 15, 2003
  2. Pabst

Pabst

Candle, I hear what you're saying. I don't know Brandon nor have a beef with the guy, though his "aw shucks" passive/aggresive, soft/sell, hard/sell act gets old. However I do find this particular method of payment "not kosher", and I do agree with SE(that's an oxymoron:D) that Brandon's scheme comes very close to crossing the legal threshold between advisory chat and unregistered fund.

#42     Aug 15, 2003
  3. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Wow....
    MarketSurfer, I agree......this takes the cake for hutzpah! :eek: :eek:

#43     Aug 15, 2003
  4. jem

jem

Surf I here what you are saying. I will reevaluate but I also have no problem paying for help.

I hereby offer to pay 40 percent of what I make over a hundred grand but with no up front fees. I will also keep a journal right here on elite trader without giving away the technique if so requested.

Brandon you can use me to stuff all the naysayers. This is a chance of a lifetime for you.

#44     Aug 15, 2003
  5. jem,

a great and noble challenge you pose. let's see what happens !

have a great weekend !

surfer

#45     Aug 15, 2003

6. thanks ! yes, i have been fortunate. choose a hedge fund manager, pronosticator or trader who you admire and send that person a sincere e-mail. you may be surprised what happens !

best,

surfer

#46     Aug 15, 2003

7. thank you, brother candle. the respect is reciprocated. i hope i am not misunderstood---- from what i have seen ( limited ) brandon appears to be a skilled trader, it is the upfront fees , regardless of how low, that make his offer seem scammy--as well as the "weeding out" process of the participants. the "masters" i am speaking of, track records provides all the money/ clients they can handle. extremely limited to no marketing is required--other than word of mouth. perhaps brandon read one of this guys books- www.jeffreylant.com the wizard of self promotion !

best,

surfer

#47     Aug 15, 2003
  8. Jem you're a pro and you're falling for this dweeb's "master" BS! Bro, I'd let Surfer or even Vinny/Nolan/Romeo feed me trades first. Surfer, my hat's off. You were loaded LONG on 3/12, and you've maintained a bullish posture pretty much since. And that short in EBAY proved to me that you're no one trick pony. You must get chopped a bit on that neo-Gann shit but bro you are in the flow.

#48     Aug 15, 2003

9. superego,

thanks bro !

have a great weekend ,

surfer

#49     Aug 15, 2003
  10. why you thanking him he places you level with vinny crowd :confused: :eek:

#50     Aug 15, 2003