Is This Kosher?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by super-ego, Aug 13, 2003.

1. opw

opw

Maybe he just likes to teach others.

Does that mean he has to do it for free?

:( :confused:

#31     Aug 15, 2003
  2. SWJ12

SWJ12

This is no-lose proposition for Brandon. If he had to setup a fund, if the fund loses, say $500k first 6 months then makes $500k final 6 months he is even on the year. But if can get 12 people to sign up, he makes % off the winners but doesn't have any risk with the losers. Consider the effect of having a new sign up every month or week period. Surely there will be some winners in any given period. Sounds almost like sports betting gurus....

#32     Aug 15, 2003
  3. opw

opw

Does it have to be a losing proposition for him then?:confused:

#33     Aug 15, 2003
  4. Whamo

Whamo

I'm hesitant to add another comment to this thread but I've viewed Brandon skeptically and have kept my "mouth" shut up until seeing his bizarre offer.

I can't remember if Brandon said this on a thread or in a chat but he mentioned he liked running a chat room because he didn't have to be audited and it made him good money. Good traders who are selling something don't mind being audited...

#34     Aug 15, 2003
  5. opw

opw

I am hesitant to add another comment to this thread after reading about your interests:

(Inosanto/LucayLucay Kali, Panatukan (Fillipino Boxing), and Brazillian Ju-Jitsu)
    :eek:

#35     Aug 15, 2003

6. LOL pabst ! i'll pay you a 15% finders fee, send em my way !

have a great weekend,

surfer

#36     Aug 15, 2003
  7. Whamo

Whamo

No worries, it's just a way for me to channel my bad trading qualities to something where I can't lose money when I apply these traits:D Besides, it's my version of fun!

#37     Aug 15, 2003
  8. Brother super-ego,

I made my comments with conditional qualification... if Brandon can produce the goods, then he should be paid for his efforts... I stick by my comments... having spoken with Brandon via messenger on several occasions, I have no reason whatsoever to doubt his integrity and grasp of trading...

Moreover, I ain't a tool, since the primary person who I work for and who pays me is me --- with one very monetarily small exception (see below)... if I see snake oil, I will quickly wipe it up... I have done this on ET and also on other forums, and will continue to do so...

If a potential client has been a net and consistent loser over the course of many years, I have simply suggested one possibility, namely that such people look to others to trade on their behalf...

Personally I trade for myself and also trade a smaller account for a cousin (who is as close as a blood brother)... I keep a modest % cut of his profits and he is very happy participating in a consistent income stream (although he has a job, he doesn't actually need to work, cos he can pretty easily live on the profits that I generate for him -- he lives a quiet, non-luxury lifestyle)... Brandon is simply providing an equivalent service on a wider commercial basis...

Candle

#38     Aug 15, 2003
  9. i have been fortunate to interact with several of the most succesful living traders in the united states. some you have heard of, some keep a low profile but they have one thing in common---- if the urge to teach is within them, they share their knowledge for free. these "masters" earn their living from the market, not from marketing.

best,

surfer:)

#39     Aug 15, 2003
  10. opw

opw

You must be very lucky. How do you go about finding these people? I am very interested. I have never heard of anyone teaching about trading for free.

This is not meant in a negative way, I just have never seen that happening. I am just curious...

:D

#40     Aug 15, 2003