Is This Guy Going to Die Running the Marathon??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Diceman34Mules, Jan 24, 2007.

Is He Going to Die Before The End of the Race??

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. This just crossed my desk and it is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

I think this guy's a gonner. I mean I hope he makes it but I have a feeling he's going down hard.

Better him than me.

www.whatwouldjacobdo.com

Any takers on that?

2. I think he'll be rushed to the hospital. Do you have to pass a physical to be allowed to run?

3. Damn, 198 KILOs?????????

Basically, lose half your bodyweight in 80 days (at least) then run a marathon?

I think his knees or ankles will go during training, probably wont make it to the starting line.

Odd, he didnt mention what training he was doing, nor why he's afraid of the Amish. Or why he was dressed as rosie o'donnel.

Still, way to make a public commitment, huh.

4. He may be another one of these "marathoners" who walks and stumbles through a marathon in 5 or 6 hours like that is proving anything, but it won't be Boston. You have to qualify for Boston, and no way this guy can come close.

5. Wait, my bad, i realise the dozen raw eggs was probably a camera stunt, or ......maybe it wasnt.

I guy that big just shouldnt be eating raw eggs, not a dozen at least.
    Raw fish maybe, but if he lives on a skiing machine or something for the next few months he might do it-it just looks like he's got no idea .

What bothers me, is he's only planning to lose 100 pds , then run?

Forget it, his knees will blow out at "only" 338 pds.

6. My initial reaction exactly.

Then I thought... nah, he squeezes in under the Mobility Impaired Program, of course. :p

"The qualifying time is 6:00 hours for individuals who, because of the nature of their disability, have difficulty ambulating."

(No offense meant to anyone reading this who is, in fact, disabled.)

Or maybe the Make-A-Wish charity angle gets him an exemption from the BAA.

7. AAAintheBeltway

New Post 01-25-07 03:54 AM

He may be another one of these "marathoners" who walks and stumbles through a marathon in 5 or 6 hours like that is proving anything...

>>>>>

Sorry boss, so how many marathons have you run in 5 or 6 hours?

I don't care how long it takes, if I could pull something like that off - I wouldn't care if it took me 5 or 6 days.

He's a better man than I.

Still no shot of doing it though...

8. LMAO

[​IMG]

9. thats a wig he's wearing

10. This is an obvious joke......The Boston Marathon doesn't accept open entries. You must have a certified time in another marathon first. I don't think this guy has one.

#10     Jan 25, 2007