is this guy for real?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by pak, Dec 29, 2008.

1. pak

pak

My father just called me (impressed) after reading some trading magazine about www.eminiz.com John Ehlers.

What’s the deal with this guy? Or just another failed trader trying to sell something ?

Anyone know?

Just trying to help my old man out...Thanks!

2. What trading mag? Link please.....

3. bronks

bronks

You're good... :D

4. From his "Results"

CFTC RULE 4.41 - HYPOTHETICAL OR SIMULATED PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE CERTAIN LIMITATIONS. UNLIKE AN ACTUAL PERFORMANCE RECORD, SIMULATED RESULTS DO NOT REPRESENT ACTUAL TRADING. ALSO, SINCE THE TRADES HAVE NOT BEEN EXECUTED, THE RESULTS MAY HAVE UNDER-OR-OVER COMPENSATED FOR THE IMPACT, IF ANY, OF CERTAIN MARKET FACTORS, SUCH AS LACK OF LIQUIDITY. SIMULATED TRADING PROGRAMS IN GENERAL ARE ALSO SUBJECT TO THE FACT THAT THEY ARE DESIGNED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFIT OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN.

-----end of story----

5. I don't know about his eminiz service, but his published books and systems are solid, imo.

6. chvid

chvid

7. John is the real deal. By that I mean he has a track record of designing top performing signal software going way back. Google MESA and R-Mesa and check with Futures Truth.

I have used his MESA but moved on from it as I developed my own methods. R-Mesa was a top performing mechanical system... I never used it but Futures Truth always gave it a top rating.

Basically John uses cycle trading and attempts to identify if the market is moving into chop or trend and what length the dominant cycle is so traders can run the trend.

Like anything else it has its strengths and weaknesses. I have not looked at John's stuff for years, but I understand his approach and it was solid so he's worth your dad taking a trial with.

He has a book explaining his approach but it's more about his background in rocket science and the math used to generate the signals.

Hope that helps.

8. chvid

chvid

Now that I look thru the new site - it seems like an updated version of the old one - many of the pdfs are of the old site (where they were exe-zipped word-files ... hmmm ....).

9. Tums

Tums

10. What trading magazine ?

#10     Dec 30, 2008