Is this good enough.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kastro_316, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Luto

Luto

I would suggest running the windows performance monotir during trading . See where the bottlenecks are first, then decide.

CNTRL-ALT-DEL brings it up. Check the Commit charge box. See the total usage, and peak. I like to run with peack at 80% below total physical and Total at 50% of Physical.

Then watch CPU usage. I like to run at 50% or less during active trading times.

Also consider a 10k rpm drive. They make a big change over 7200. But be careful of the SATA, versus IDE change over now occuring. I would not put a SATA drive in an IDE machine. Just a pain for what you get.

Hope this helps.

#11     Mar 31, 2006
  2. What can I do to make this better? Buy a new CPU? Or is this good enough? Any suggestions would be great!
    -Kastro

#12     Apr 1, 2006
  3. Interestingly I have a matrox card (PCI G450) and an ultra cheap Radeon 9250 AGP card. I currently run one monitor on each. This on a 2600+ 512M Ram 60GB drive machine.

When I run my graphics app (SierraChart) on the PCI G450 the main processor usage for SC is twice, yes 2 x , what it is when I run it on the AGP 9250 card. Both are 128Mb cards.

Initially the 450 was 3x but someone advised me to kill the matrox drivers and fall back to the ones that Windows XP defaulted for the card. That dropped it to 2x.

So I run my order input on the the 450 and the graphics on the agp 9250.

Does that mean that the AGP interface is less processor intensive? Or is it the matrox G450 thats the villain?

#13     Apr 1, 2006